Sign in to follow this  
Somali_Friend

Why did ICU accept TFG as legitimate Government of Somalia

What was the reason ICU declared repeatedly and loudly that ICU accepts and recognizes TFG as the legitimate government of the country?

Was ICU expecting to make an inside coup and take and use the TFG legitmacy? Did ICU miscalculate the number of parliamentarians it can count on for this job?

Did ICU failed to kill and scare enough parliamentarians from its opponents?

what do you think?

Taliban   

Originally posted by Somali_Friend:

What was the reason ICU declared repeatedly and loudly that ICU accepts and recognizes TFG as the legitimate government of the country?

Was ICU expecting to make an inside coup and take and use the TFG legitmacy? Did ICU miscalculate the number of parliamentarians it can count on for this job?

Did ICU failed to kill and scare enough parliamentarians from its opponents?

what do you think?

AFAIK, the ICU didn't declare repeatedly and loudly that it accepts and recognizes the TFG as the legitimate government of the country. If you have evidence, please provide it (multiple links with different dates attesting repeated acceptance and recognizance). I don't agree the TFG is legitimate. Why? Because it wasn't elected in Somalia. Furthermore, the TFG is made of current and former warlords, corrupt politicians (some from the past regime), profiteers, mercenaries and criminals. What's most troubling about the TFG is its ideology is based on (Westernized) secularism and most if not all of its members are diehard seculars. The TFG and its members aren't independent from Western influences and meddlings.

Taliban,

Which ones do you want?

The interviews shiek hassan tahir did

The declaration from first Khartoum meeting

The Invitation of TFG to Mugadishu to govern the country from Mugadishu instead of Baydhoa

If you insist on a link I can find you one probably on Somaliweiyn easiest.

My question has nothing to do with liking or disliking the TFG, but has all to do with political startegy and tactics of ICU.

Originally posted by Taliban:

AFAIK, the ICU didn't declare repeatedly and loudly that it accepts and recognizes the TFG as the legitimate government of the country. If you have evidence, please provide it (multiple links with different dates attesting repeated acceptance and recognizance). 1) I don't agree the TFG is legitimate. Why? a) Because it wasn't elected in Somalia. Furthermore, b) the TFG is made of current and former i) warlords, ii)corrupt politicians (some from the past regime), iii) profiteers, iv) mercenaries and v) criminals. What's most troubling about the TFG is its 2) ideology is based on (Westernized) secularism and most if not all of its members are diehard seculars. 3) The TFG and its members aren't independent from Western influences and meddlings

I like it... your comparative reasoning seeking legitimacy USC/ICU hope it works for you.

what you like about USC/ICU

A) USC/ICU was elected by a buch crooks in Mogadishu.

b) USC/ICU's member are made of

i) Kuwii Afweyne xukunka ka tuuray (mujaahidinta)

ii) Caaqiladii USC/ICU oo dhamaantood dadka muslimiinta ah maryaha ka furanjiray.

iii) Businessmen from Bakaro(profiteers)

iv) kuwii dadka masaakiinta ka gacsanjiray oo meesha lagu quudiyo dadka sidii dawacadii afka inta ay saliid kaga mariso tiraahda wax baa la siiyey u furtay si profit loog helo (mercenaries).

v) criminals Indha-cade.

2 what is good about them their ideology is based on Al-Qaeda iyo in Drugs logu financialgareeyo wax kasta oo aduunka kale ka dhaco.

3) all of them are die hard cida (USC/ICU)

If I speak you mind that what is in your mind right

Taliban   

Which ones do you want?

The interviews shiek hassan tahir did

The declaration from first Khartoum meeting

The Invitation of TFG to Mugadishu to govern the country from Mugadishu instead of Baydhoa

If you insist on a link I can find you one probably on Somaliweiyn easiest.

Look, if you are seeking a game of semantics, I can entertain you, but you and me know it's a waste of time. The evidence I asked you concerns what you stated about "legitimate government of the country", a terminology I highly doubt the ICU used. Sure, the ICU generously invited the TFG to Muqdisho to work together to rebuild Somalia and solve its many problems. The ICU did that in order to stop the bloodshed, anarchy and lawlessness once for all, even if that means sharing power with a fake temporary government that did nothing positive since it was elected dubiously in a foreign country. That was then, but since then the TFG has been gradually showing its true color; a power hungry corrupt temporary government that wants to claim all credits and power through the help of Ethiopia and Western countries that neglected and abused Somalia for more than 1.5 decades.

So go ahead, and provide evidence where it says (or was said) "legitimate government of the country." Bear in mind, there's a difference between a "legitimate" government and "temporary" or "transitional" government.

Taliban,

Temporary, transitional or whatever word is used will not make a difference to the discussion.

When you say ICU invited the government to Mugadishu to work together, aren't you evading something here?

If you are interested in logic I give you a simple one:

Puntland is a state in Somalia

Puntland recognizes the TFG as Government of Somalia federal

Puntland does not recognize ICU as government of Somalia.

where does that leave you?

Does Bay and Bakool recognize ICU or TFG as the government of Somalia? I didn't use this as example. I didn't want the discussion to be over a village or some town.

Lets also leave Somaliland from the discussion which can be a diversion at this point.

ICU also never disputed the parliament or its speaker. They might of course want more seats for themselves if an agreement is reached.

Taliban,

Just one small example:

“Legally the Government is still the Government, but we are the power in Somalia. In order for the Government to fulfill its role, and for us to continue doing what we want to do and to provide leadership to our people, we need to come together”

Shiek Hassan Dihir Aweye

http://www.somaliweyn.com/pages/news/Sep_06/1Sep24.html

quote:Originally posted by Somali_Friend:

Puntland is a state in Somalia

Please elaborate what you mean by "state."
If you are in US it would be a state just like California or New York

If you are in Canada it would be a province just like Ontario

If you are in Britain it would be just like Scotland place in the UK of Great Britain.

All these places have different historical reasons and basis, but their relation to the government of the whole country or union they are part of is very similar.

if you are seeking a game of semantics, I can entertain you, but you and me know it's a waste of time. The evidence I asked you concerns what you stated about "legitimate government of the country", a terminology I highly doubt the ICU used. Sure, 1) the ICU generously invited the TFG to Muqdisho a) work together to rebuild Somalia and b) solve its many problems. bi) The ICU did that in order to stop the i) bloodshed, ii) anarchy and iii) lawlessness once for all, even if that means *) sharing power with a c) fake temporary government that i) did nothing positive since it was elected dubiously in a foreign country. That was then, but since 2) then the TFG has been gradually showing its true color; a) a power hungry corrupt temporary government that wants to b)claim all credits and power through the help of i) Ethiopia and ii)Western countries that c) neglected and d) abused Somalia for more than 1.5 decades.

So go ahead, and provide evidence where it says (or was said) "legitimate government of the country." Bear in mind, there's a difference between a government and "temporary" or "transitional" government.

You should not tell this to yourself not anyone else. would be a good joice.

instead you should aske yourself these

1) When did USC/ICU started undemining A/Y

a) when Abdikasim lost the presidency.

b) Telling A/Y not to come to Mogadishu, Only TFB to come to Mogadishu that resulted TFG division.

i) started to assisinate prime minister mutiple time(bloodshed).

ii) To attack new terrotories. Kismayu & Galcakio (anarchy)

iii) assination (lawless) in Baidoa.

iv) Dadka deegaankaa noo yeertay baa hadal laga bartay. undermining his power only city (Powersharing)

c) Waa ka dagi la'dahay in uu A/Y (fake government).

i) did not kill anyone since he come to power. (did nothing since he come to power)

2) Since he come to power he showed an interest to do something for Somalia

a) having vision (Power hungery)

I) A/Y should not claim for Ethipian is wrong

II) A/Y should not claim for Westerners as well is wrong but Al-Qa'eda.

c) those countries cannot lend a hand boor suffering Somalian because they will get us.

d) we gonna loose Mogadishu...scary place...

I love you guys Bahdaa USC/ICU .good bye

Taliban   

Just one small example:

“Legally the Government is still the Government, but we are the power in Somalia. In order for the Government to fulfill its role, and for us to continue doing what we want to do and to provide leadership to our people, we need to come together”

Shiek Hassan Dihir Aweye

First, thanks for taking the time to look for your evidence. However, as you can clearly see what Sheikh Dahir Aweys said, the TFG is a government without power, in short a paper government. The power is with the ICU which can crush the TFG. But because the ICU cares about the welfare and wellbeing of Somalis, because it wants to stop the bloodshed, anarchy and lawlessness once for all, that's why it has offered the TFG an invitation to collaborate for the benefit of Somalis.

If you are in US it would be a state just like California or New York

If you are in Canada it would be a province just like Ontario

If you are in Britain it would be just like Scotland place in the UK of Great Britain.

All these places have different historical reasons and basis, but their relation to the government of the whole country or union they are part of is very similar.

I see you're comparing Puntland to a US state like California or New York, a Canadian province like Ontario. Your comparison is deeply flawed. California, New York or Ontario isn't self-declared autonomous state/provice like Puntland. Sxb, you can do better than this.

Originally posted by rudy:

hell! i never recognised either of them!! whats all the fuss......both can go to hell! next.

Rudy,

But they the ICU recognizes the TFG as the government of Somalia. The problem now is the ICU doesn't want to be a government of a state or province. They are caught between a rock and a hard place. Imposters Jihad call on Negash is not the exit for them from this trap they entered against their will.

These Shieks are as crooked as the warlords they replaced. They accepted TFG, afraid that Mugadishu population will reject them if they did not accept TFG.