Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Civilians gunned down in Somalia

N.O.R.F   

Civilians gunned down in Somalia

At least 12 civilians have been shot dead by Ethiopian troops in an apparent revenge attack in the town of Baidoa, say eyewitnesses.

Reports say the Ethiopians opened fire indiscriminately in a crowded street. Several other people were wounded.

It followed the deaths of two soldiers who were killed by a roadside bomb.

The Ethiopians intervened in 2006 to help government forces oust Islamists who had taken control of much of southern Somalia.

It is the second lethal bomb attack this week on Ethiopian soldiers in Baidoa, which is the seat of Somalia's interim parliament.

An Ethiopian officer speaking from the capital, Mogadishu, on condition of anonymity, denied his troops had opened fire, saying the blast had been responsible for the deaths.

But eyewitnesses said the troops began firing after the blast.

"It was a horrific scene blood has been spilt all over and I saw about 10 bodies lying in the middle of the road" Jamal Haji, a resident in Baidoa told the BBC.

Another witness, Abdurahman Takow, told AFP news agency: "At least 12 people were killed and nine others wounded by fire from Ethiopian soldiers."

Meanwhile, in central Somalia, a regional commander of the transitional government's army was killed in an insurgent attack on his house in the town of Beled Weyne.

The attacks come as diplomats intensified efforts to get the interim government officials and the opposition alliance, which includes the Islamists, to hold talks.

Representatives of the International Contact Group for Somalia led by the US and Norway are meeting in Oslo, where Prime Minister Hassan Nur Hussein and representatives of the Asmara-based alliance are expected.

Somali has not had a functioning government since 1991 and the UN has warned of a serious humanitarian crisis in the country following a rise in insecurity.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7375248.stm

Abtigiis   

That is what they have been doing to our geeljire's everytime a soldeir of theirs is killed in an ambush. i remember when they wiped out an entire village on Degahbour-Qabridahar road. It is sad that some somali's are helping them this time!!

Nephissa   

It followed the deaths of two soldiers who were killed by a roadside bomb.

Two soliders killed? Is that the motivation for their attack? :rolleyes: .

Alxamdulillaah, the Shabaabs aren't done payback yet for the heinous slaughtering of the 80 tabliiqi Ulumaa-u-diin, plus the other 20,0000 or so lost civilian lives. Somali lives aren't worth less than Xabashi lives, and for them to open fire in a civilian crowd when the other side finally unleashes it on their a.ss is violating the laws of war. All we hear is that Ethiopia has a right to defend itself. Allahu Akbar! How in God's name can any sentient person defend/role over like a sick dog and allow these atrocities? How can Uncle sit idle and watch his people treated as third class citizens in their own country? Ooops! they're reer Muqdisho, I forgot, not his folks. Pardon me..pardon..

How can Uncle sit idle and watch his people treated as third class citizens in their own country? Ooops! they're reer Muqdisho, I forgot, not his folks. Pardon me..pardon..

You are getting trapped into the divisive nature of our politics. Whether Mogadisho or Bososo, Yeey would have stayed mute if he thinks that serves his purpose of staying in power.And this is trend of all warlords. Identifying his actions with his clan will be very unfortunate and would only contribute to farther divisions.

P.S. It is good remember no one is benefitting from this invasion except the warlords.

Abtigiis   

But at at least I feel a bit disconcerted if is was in Bossaso. Afterall, those are not the one's he openely brags about " aniga ha la igu daayo, anaa tirtiriye".

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

^Obviously, these civilains are terrorists and they brought this upon themselves
;)

Sounds like a lazy analysis,,,,

Nephissa   

Had it been Bossaso, even though he has no power over what or who Xabashis bomb in Somalia, he would be singing to a different tune, that much we know dear. Addeero is pursuing a course of continued conflict [driven by revenge], he wants the Muqdishu folks suffer the pain that his folks presumably felt. A solution is staring any right minded person in the face. Ethiopia must leave and Adeero must step down, not in 2009 but now. The alternatives are another 17 years of carnage and mayhem.

You know, I remember when the leadership of the coutrs left Xamer and retreated to Kismayo during the invasion, Duke and his ilk argued the courts spared Xamer and hence their "Qabil", and choosed to put up fight in Kismayo cuz it is predominantly D-city. The same sentiments were being uttured when Somaliland took Las Caanod. Though you are no Duke, you are following the same line of reasoning, and this gets us into vicious cycle of complacency and indiffirence.

Here few facts to consider.

Yeey killed 600 of his clansmen to wrestle power from Cadde, and he watched Bari being bombarded by US jets.

The ex-warlords created havoc in Xamer for 17yrs at the expense of their clans.

Cigaal engaged in vicious civil war to become president though he was statesman and not in the same league as meniacs in the south.

Xaabsade uprooted thousands of his clansmen in Las Caanod simply Cadde kicked to the curb.

There used to be constant mini-wars in Baydhabo before TFG showed up. These were between the warlords from Gobol and all the expense of their tribes.

It is time to realise these men care about nobody. They are only fooling us and we fall for the same trap everytime. This explains our indiffirence when one part of Somalia is being starved or murdered.

Come tomorrow if the wheels turn and the H-person become a president and there is war in Puntland. We will still be saying the samething.

If Yeey really cared his people and hold special place in heart, they are dying now of starvation/thirsty as we speak!

Read this links

web page

web page

Jacpher   

^You shouldn't have to explain yourself. People tent to play ignorant when it's disadvantage to their argument.

Another Somali tragedy. Alloow u naxariiso inta geeriyootay.

^It is better to understand each other. Masiiba nawada heysata at the ends obviously some places greater than others, but it rotates and will eventually all parts of Somalia.My hope is we understand that we are in this deep Sh*t together and those at the top could give dam.

Nephissa   

Yeey killed 600 of his clansmen to wrestle power from Cadde, and he watched Bari being bombarded by US jets

That may be true, but you must admit that the Muqdishu inhabitants are being killed because their death serves a purpose to many. Do I believe in eye for an eye? Damn tootin right I do. Will it cause more war and division..probably. Will all this crap ever come to an end? Nope it won't. Why is there so much war and hate...it's called tribalism. Sorry people we better learn to deal with it, our world will never change until one day it all blows up in our face. It's all very sad no matter what way you look at it.