Sign in to follow this  
Dantay1

Marriege and the CLAN

Ariadne   

clan shman...If I marry someone it will be for the who they are and not what they are. We all remember that famous quote in Romeo and Juliet when Romeo is under juliets balcony and he tells her what family he is from and then she says that "a rose is still a rose by any other name." She means she dosn't care if hes her enemy that he is still her romeo. And what Im trying to say is that when we come down to it all clan is only a family name, that if you love someone you would not care what region their grandparents or great grandparents came from and what clan they belong to. Because it becomes unimportant as you take away the complexities of a human being (the man made ones)you come down to someone who bleeds, breathes, walks and talks just like you but as humans we are all separtists so we try to invent something to separte ourselves such as tribe and clan when in fact we should be coming to together as family.........if you can't notice from this post yes I am a modern hippie smile.gif

(different from the ones form the 60s cuz they beleive in not taking showers and not washing your hair, doing drugs and lots and lots of orgies) me on the other hand I like their ideologies of saving the environment, peace and humanity towards the less fortunate but not how they chose to go after those goals.)

Dantay, 1st of all I don't see myself with a second cousin and my family isn't into that whole arranged marriage bit.

To make a long story short, I don't really care for clans, sub-clans what have you. I wasn't raised in an environment where my parents exposed me to differences of clans, biases, etc. I thank them for that and may Allah bless them. I am not going to reject a good pious brother on the sole basis of his tribe, gimmi a break!! I am not going to sit here though and deny that am related to people who feel differently about this issue. But guess what, they've never had a say in my life so far, so why should they when it comes to marriage?

SHUJUI_1: Brother, well said and well put. I agree with you 110% i couldn't possibly put it in better words.

*CLEAN HEART AND CLEAN MIND IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS*