Illyria

Ustaad Axmed Naaji passes away

Arafaat   
3 minutes ago, Illyria said:

See how much of this you catch.

I hear the Xamari song, but don’t see any forms of Niiko being exercised. Mr.Ilyria, are u labelling again by throwing the Xamari songs and Niiko dance on the same pile of koonfurian culture? 

Illyria   
5 minutes ago, Arafaat said:

No, as in a commentator or analyst of the Niiko dance, so to say. ‘Northerners’, excuse my connotation, seem to hold distorted views of the  Niiko and it’s underlying meanings. Read below thread. 

I have heard of "niiko", but have no idea what it it.

1 minute ago, Arafaat said:

I hear the Xamari song, but don’t see any forms of Niiko being exercised. Mr.Ilyria, are u labelling again by throwing the Xamari songs and Niiko dance on the same pile of koonfurian culture? 

No, just sharing a nice Xamari song with an Indian twist.

Arafaat   
3 minutes ago, Illyria said:

I have heard of "niiko", but have no idea what it it.

No, just sharing a nice Xamari song with an Indian twist.

I don’t blame u, Xaaji Xunjuf thoughts it’s a sexual dance, meant as a form of pre-mating ritual dance. 

The dance has been fervently debated here on SOL, some cultural barbarically even stating it should be banned.

https://www.somaliaonline.com/community/topic/64281-niiko/#comments

12 hours ago, Arafaat said:

Don’t know them and neither can judge their talents . Will let our resident urban cultural critic and Beesani spokesman (MMA) be the judge. 

Waa runtaa. Fanka needs nourishment from a strong central government oo mid walba meesha uu ka soo baxo ku dari jirtay hobollada Waaberi. And others created their own hobollo - Shareero, Durdur, Iftin.

You and your talent kaliya ayaa kaa xigo meesha and zero nepotism like we are unfortunately witnessing today, like xariiftii ordeysay a few weeks ago.

In short 15 years of the beginning of Kacaanka, we were privileged to witness the likes of Faadumo Qaasin Hilowle, Caasho Cabdoow Maleysa (from Baajuuni islands) and Luul Jeylaani of Xamar. Just for the Banaadiri females, not to forget the semi-Banaadiri singers and dancers like Sahra Dawo, Marisa Karboone and Feynuus Sh. Daahir (from Kismaayo). On the male side, we had the heavy hitters of Aweys Khamiis Mabuuse (Shabeellaha Dhexe) Axmed Naaji (from Baydhabo), Shariif Killer, Cabdalla Jeeri and Baastoow. Semi-Banaadiri singers of Sulfa and Shimaali ha iloowin.

And ha sii iloowin jilayaasha sida Iikar Jeesto, Awkoombe, Awkuuku, Shariif Jeeg, Odey Cabdulle, Siyatoom (Uncle Tom)...

That is just for Banaadiri genre. So in the last 33 years, Illyria ha noo sheego hal qof u dhigma dadkaas oo badalo oo dalka ka soo baxo, let alone two or three. Even if one counts qurbojoogta.

Illyria   
3 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Waa runtaa. Fanka needs nourishment from a strong central government oo mid walba meesha uu ka soo baxo ku dari jirtay hobollada Waaberi. And others created their own hobollo - Shareero, Durdur, Iftin.

You and your talent kaliya ayaa kaa xigo meesha and zero nepotism like we are unfortunately witnessing today, like xariiftii ordeysay a few weeks ago.

In short 15 years of the beginning of Kacaanka, we were privileged to witness the likes of Faadumo Qaasin Hilowle, Caasho Cabdoow Maleysa (from Baajuuni islands) and Luul Jeylaani of Xamar. Just for the Banaadiri females, not to forget the semi-Banaadiri singers and dancers like Sahra Dawo, Marisa Karboone and Feynuus Sh. Daahir (from Kismaayo). On the male side, we had the heavy hitters of Aweys Khamiis Mabuuse (Shabeellaha Dhexe) Axmed Naaji (from Baydhabo), Shariif Killer, Cabdalla Jeeri and Baastoow. Semi-Banaadiri singers of Sulfa and Shimaali ha iloowin.

And ha sii iloowin jilayaasha sida Iikar Jeesto, Awkoombe, Awkuuku, Shariif Jeeg, Odey Cabdulle, Siyatoom (Uncle Tom)...

That is just for Banaadiri genre. So in the last 33 years, Illyria ha noo sheego hal qof u dhigma dadkaas oo badalo oo dalka ka soo baxo, let alone two or three. Even if one counts qurbojoogta.

So, we want to compare Kacaan in its hay days with subsequent 40 years of recovering from destruction, Kacaan's legacy? Yet, you want to exclude diaspora inspired contributions, essential manifestation of the recovery? If anything Kacaan abused talent by espousing contagious literature, where even the best had been fed Kacaan rapturous chanting, and euphoric literature. The worse kind.

Indoctrination of the worse form in thinking.

Postscript:

Could you share any critical, if valuable literary works by the Kacaan? I do not mean mediocrity, nor do I mean literary work during the Kacaan era, most of which had been anti-Kacaan, but inspired, or sponsored by the Kacaan? By critical, I mean any that which meets the 'form of the good'.

1 hour ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Yaab, kuwii Telefishanka Qaranka sheeganaaye hal muuqaal Axmed Naaji geeridiisa ma soo galin bartooda Youtube. Meeshiiba telefashin qabiileed ka dhigeen, kaliya Galmudug iyo Hirshabeelle ka hadlaayo inta Xamar ahayn.

yes, very sad, may be they don;t know him,  very uneducated young kids run it

On 9/6/2023 at 12:09 PM, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Yaab, kuwii Telefishanka Qaranka sheeganaaye hal muuqaal Axmed Naaji geeridiisa ma soo galin bartooda Youtube. Meeshiiba telefashin qabiileed ka dhigeen, kaliya Galmudug iyo Hirshabeelle ka hadlaayo inta Xamar ahayn.

He was burried in London, of course , HSM has no idea or respect for national heroes.

Anyways, London is his home, and his family will be able to go his burial  and offer prayers for him

6 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

He was burried in London, of course , HSM has no idea or respect for national heroes.

Anyways, London is his home, and his family will be able to go his burial  and offer prayers for him

Another rotten mark on this dowlad ku sheeg. Xataa ilaa iyo hadda warbaahintii 'qaranka' Alqabyaala maamulo ma soo galinin tacsi iyo aaska Axmed Naaji, even though their mic can be seen on this Universal clip below, which means they had a wariye present at duugtii shalay, but on their Youtube channel, waxba lama soo galinin. Almost every last ten clips are about Galgaduud iyo waxaas, including a clip about Alqabyaala himself. Shame.