Sign in to follow this  
Queen Arawello

Arranged Marriages

Ibtisam   

Arranged marriages are a beautiful thing as long as it is not to your cousin. Go ahead, you have a 60% chance of making it work, unless you habe pride issues about picking my own xalimo/ farah, or you are a control freak or you like making your own mistakes :D

Abtigiis   

Agree with Marxx on rer-burco.

However, I don't disagree with arranged marriages just for the sake of being arranged by parents with good intensions. Unless there is an element of coercion to it, and provided that the two would-be couples are allowed to have sometime alone ahead of the marriage, it is fine. In fact, was it three months ago that I read an article by a european lady arguing that perhaps the anti-dote for too many failed marriages could be by resorting to arranged marriages.

Self-arranged marriages could also be disastourous. There is no research that emperically found divorce and unhappiness to be associated with arranged marriages.

In the end, what matters is that the two people approve of one another, in which case the whole notion of parental initiative-talking will come down to a sort of match-making. BUT, IF the two people don't approve and yet they are coerced somehow, it is what you are talking about it here.

Ibtisam   

Marx and A&T are just bitter, plz Reer burco iska daaf, ciida waax kuma faalan, they are big enough and distance enough to marry within burco and not be related. icon_razz.gif Yahoo

Ibtisam   

^^^Bal beenta eega. Reer burco iyo agteeda toona waax kuku ma faaleyso. Beenta, prove it and put her in your video :D (That is how sure I am she is not from Burco) icon_razz.gif You can PM her Burco address otherwise, laga degsanmayo. No sir :D

Abtigiis   

One will be spared night stonning rituals and a lot of mouth-twisting by avoiding rer-burco. What is there soo ma ogin. Just because Ibtisam is special doesn't mean we should aspire for Burco ladies. There is always an exception, and Ibti, and the other fine people from Burco here are just that.

Muse Ismaaciil Qalinle sang "taan dumar ku leeyahay waa gabadh Togdheer" just because he is from there.

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by -MARX-:

Its not like that Arawello, I was just saying this to show IBZ that all reer burco people go for their own kind. loooooooool.

Allow this rubbish, since when did you decide you was from burco icon_razz.gif

Ibtisam   

^^YEs you are, don't back track now, you said the good ones are just a minority.

I have yet to see anyone complaining about them or waax kaa sheegey, other than wey kuulyhin- and that is not always a bad thing :D