Sign in to follow this  
Bambina

Strictly for the girls!

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum ,

Since I started praying and wearing the hijab , I noticed that my hair was getting dryer.The fact that I pass water on my hair while making my wuduu contributes to their dryness. The only treatment that I use is olive oil because its the only oil that gives shine and strengh to my hair. I do this process every night before sleeping because it seems that I lose moisture when I wear the hijab too.So sister beside olive oil what are your best treatments ?

raula   

*****eykum Salam sista..

I turned around my life style as well sis, and I can definately atest to your complaints..my advice, drink alot of water.(more than 8 glasses a day)....this will come very easily is make a habit of it..or work-out. Also, I am speculating that you might be zinc-deficient and therefore, need to eat alot of green, leafy vegis to restore some of the nutrients lost. I don't think performing oblution is a major factor, but the reasons above and some other underlying anatomical/visceral problems might be the mighter contributors here.

Nevertheless, another tip, is use AV0CADO-buy a fruity one, mash it to smooth texture while removing the roots and such, then apply it to your hair every other weekend or whenever you've got time. I hope this works for you.

Your sis,

Raula

OG_Girl   

Conguratlations sister , Masha Allah.

well, I wish if I could help u with ur problem , I have opposite one. my hair is oily that request to shampooing it twice every day.

Salam

x_quizit   

Bambina, have you ever tried those strenghtening and conditioning creams, called "Cholesterol Plus", by Kair, we have 'em here in Tdot, not sure where else they carry it, but im sure u can find something similar.

Basically, u use it after u shampoo ur hair, and leave in for as little as 2 min, depending how much time you have or up to 20 or more minutes, the longer the better, and rinse it out. It enriches your hair has lots of oils to add moisture to dry hair and do it once a week.

After that, make sure you use a good styling oil, and use it everyday to add moisture.

Make sure you shampoo isnt for oily hair, because it will strip ur hair of its natural oils, buy the one that is especially for dry hair. Also, be careful of not over using styling products like blow dryer and straighteners, because that can also contribute to dryness.

Good luck!

Raxmah   

Salaams

Bambina - Finding swimming my only form getting rid of stress, my hair has to pay the price for it. Anyways Wudu really doesn't harm the hair much, it would only benefit you.

I use oil called DOO GROO V Enriched. It keeps my hair from getting dry at all.

My sister also uses henna and egg mixed together on her hair, work for her - if you can stand the smell of egg in your hair for 30 mins, try it, works wonders for my sis. ( she puts on twice a month)

lol   

Bambina,

Good girl...U r certainly doing fine... maybe hot oil treatment.. it seems to work for me! Good luck hon!

LuCkY   

Congrats GaLs...MashaALLaah!

WeLL I guess I wiLL have to take up some of Ur suggestions.I've got dry hair N my mother aLways said its due to the Lack of Water and the decifiency of Proper Nutrients-Nourishments and watnot so...!

Thnx Ya'LL.

braiding yr hair helps lock in the moisture. i got the same problem, except i have really short hair (i cut it) but the only thing i use is olive oil and i certainly dont need to use it every night, and you probably wont either when you begin braiding it. also are you sure the hijab is making youre head dry? cause it has hte opposite effect on me. its most likely the ablutions. cold water also helps lock in moisture.

btw, when i used to go to duuxie, a woman asked a visiting immaam if their was some other way to perform ablutions for women when they didnt want to mess their hairstyles and he said it was okay ot just dab water at the hairline and than at the nape of yr neck and proceed to clean yr ears (3 times). now personally i dont use that method, but im just letting you know what i heard/know.