Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

The Shallowest Break-Up

Nephissa   

A friend calls me up today, crying. Her wadaad husband of 4 years walked out on her lastnite. His reason? She surprised him with a new "look". She has always had long, black hair and she wanted something different. She had her hair cut above her ears and dyed it blonde. He was furious with her, grabbed some clothes and left.

Was she wrong to do it [diiniyan] without talking to him first?

Did he over-react?

Kool_Kat   

May be wayka cabsiisoo naftiisuu u cararay? Janta fagax aa maqli jiray...Cagtuu wax ka dayay hee...

Hadii kale, suu ugu tago uu la'aa...Excuse uu raadinaayay...See yah, kadhacday dheh...

Nephissa   

ye, exactly. A person running out on a marriage based on a haircut, was planning on leaving anyway. But I'm more interested in the religious aspect of it, do women need a permission to do anything to their body?

Kool_Kat   

Well you should've posted this in the Islam section rather than the Women's...

N'way, I don't think so...I don't think a woman needs permission to do anything to her body from her kusban...But what do I know...I guess we wait and find out...

J.Lee   

I doubt it but Allah knows best.

However, I do believe he must've already been planning to leave. Her hair will grow back insha'allah and in two weeks she could safely dye it back to its original color.

I wouldn't even waste tears on a jerk like that walee.

Sh!t. I have been growing out and chopping off my hair since 2005. It's not that big of a deal and it has never garnered that kind of reaction.

Malika   

Neph,

He must have loved her long,black hair,could have been what he found most attractive part of her..men require visual aid to loving someone,they got to love your long legs,or your round hips ...something that turns them on.

Unfortunately,some men would walk out of his long term relationship just because the woman has lost what he found attractive in the begining..

*feels like a commodity now* :(

Nephy a woman should discuss and ask permission from her husband if she intends to make drastic changes espesially cutting it too short. :D . Am not joking. she should seek permission becouse her hair according to her husband could define her beauty.(Timo boqonto joogoo, baal goray la moodoo, bidix midig is gaaroo,Huwanaysa baaloo, barkanaysa qaaroo.....remember) as Dahia said, it may have been the only thing he admired most. :eek:

Laakiin as said before, he may hae wanted to leave her long before the hair cut.

Poor girl, be there for her sister. He doesnt deserve her. It is unfortunate walaahi. :mad:

NGONGE   

Is it AT ALL possible that he had no prior plans and left because he was angry? He may yet return you know.

If that woman thinks the way any of you girls do I too would walk out on her. :D

Ibtisam   

Nephy; Islamicly yes, she must ask. He might come back when she grows them back :D In the mean time, while he waits for them to grow back, he'll find something else he likes about her or stay till they grow back or get married, or divorce her. Or maybe he'll come around to liking her new hair.

What is it with Somali guys and their obsession with long hair toolow.

I think He was looking for an excuse to leave her. laakiin ninku dooq xumaa. muxuu timo dheer ku falayaa. hadii aysan gabadhu xiirnayn iga dhimatey. abuu micheal Jordan sexy.....

-Lily-   

Can we please have evidence for this supposed permission asking to make changes to one's own body? Thank you.

Nephy lol@crying, she should have stormed out with him to get tatoos iyo piercings, n*cas sana naagtu! I don't think it's over, sounds more like a control freak fit he's having.

Originally posted by idil:

Can I leave him if he is too hairy or gets man boobies?

Why would marry a fat Persian to begin with.

Nephyts...I'm assuming your friend told you all this in confidence. How's dis helping her?. I hope she is not SOL member.