Sign in to follow this  
stoit

IF YOU WERE TO SET LAWS IN SOMALIA

stoit   

Originally posted by Seekknowledge:

quote:To ban qabiil will probably be conterproductive and cause more harm and can ever be solved by it, i think but i understand what you mean and to think that qabiil has caused so much death and destruction is heart breaking.

Why?
Because qabiil is part of our identity and to take it away by force is injust and will not be easy and can even strenghten qabiil bonds. I thought part of governments duties was to protect what was ones own from being taken away by force. It cant then do the very thing its supposed to stop.

Besides the new government will probably be more effective if it concentrated on illegal activities rather than fight cultural problems. I think they are best left for our elders, religious and intellectual leaders to deal with.

To be effective i think is very important for it sends messages of power, of an able governement and that forces many if not most criminals to think twice.

And lastly i think do such a thing as ban tribes a government will probably be overstepping its jurisdiction.

However a wise government will probably give as much power as possible to the clan elders thereby gaining their cooperation. This will probably save the government alot of money to be used otherwise according to priority as in pressing needs and the greater need for progress.

I dont know, maybe we should first decide what governments are for.

I assume that we all agree that governments are for defence- internal and external and to enable opportunities otherwise denied by lack of capital by joinly contributiong to the common pot i.e. infrastructure etc

stoit   

Originally posted by Seekknowledge:

quote:To ban qabiil will probably be conterproductive and cause more harm and can ever be solved by it, i think but i understand what you mean and to think that qabiil has caused so much death and destruction is heart breaking.

Why?
Because qabiil is part of our identity and to take it away by force is injust and will not be easy and can even strenghten qabiil bonds. I thought part of governments duties was to protect what was ones own from being taken away by force. It cant then do the very thing its supposed to stop.

Besides the new government will probably be more effective if it concentrated on illegal activities rather than fight cultural problems. I think they are best left for our elders, religious and intellectual leaders to deal with.

To be effective i think is very important for it sends messages of power, of an able governement and that forces many if not most criminals to think twice.

And lastly i think do such a thing as ban tribes a government will probably be overstepping its jurisdiction.

However a wise government will probably give as much power as possible to the clan elders thereby gaining their cooperation. This will probably save the government alot of money to be used otherwise according to priority as in pressing needs and the greater need for progress.

I dont know, maybe we should first decide what governments are for.

I assume that we all agree that governments are for defence- internal and external and to enable opportunities otherwise denied by lack of capital by joinly contributiong to the common pot i.e. infrastructure etc

stoit   

Originally posted by Nin-Yaaban:

If i was to set the Laws, this is what it would look like:

• All Somalis are Equal No one group can claim to be superior to any other
  • Elections in every 5yrs
    no one could serve more than one 5yr term, this is so we dont have someone abusing power.
  • National Supreme Court
    this should be like the biggest court in the country, and they can over rule the government and the president if they violate anything. this is so that there are checks and balances, and the gov't is held accountable for its actions.
y'know, just things along those lines.

nin-yaaban

I agree with you on the last two but i am not sure how the first one can be incorporated into the legal framework.

I think that for example to say that "no one may refuse to exchange goods for legal tender by objecting that someone is of the wrong tribe or religion or colour" can in fact be made into law.

Were you thinking along those lines ?

stoit   

Originally posted by Nin-Yaaban:

If i was to set the Laws, this is what it would look like:

• All Somalis are Equal No one group can claim to be superior to any other
  • Elections in every 5yrs
    no one could serve more than one 5yr term, this is so we dont have someone abusing power.
  • National Supreme Court
    this should be like the biggest court in the country, and they can over rule the government and the president if they violate anything. this is so that there are checks and balances, and the gov't is held accountable for its actions.
y'know, just things along those lines.

nin-yaaban

I agree with you on the last two but i am not sure how the first one can be incorporated into the legal framework.

I think that for example to say that "no one may refuse to exchange goods for legal tender by objecting that someone is of the wrong tribe or religion or colour" can in fact be made into law.

Were you thinking along those lines ?

stoit   

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

I am on the extreme and favour strict interpretation of islam to tame volatile and inherently hypocritic society deep in clan worship, so:

A- Only islam is the law of the land.

B- No place for Clan in leadership.

C- Relentless and perpetual war on any group, clan or entity who opposes islamic laws. Most severe violence would be targetted at somalis who raise their voice against islamic based government for clanish reasons. I think I would be content to wipe such somalis off from the map. Declaration of war on clanism, which is a form of preislamic culture, ruthless measures aimed at such culture and people who excuse it even if they are praying five times a day should be the new laws of the land, no excuse for hypocrisy. Their islam means nothing and is only a cover for their mischief, so mow them down if they don't capitulate to the rule of islamic law.

I think such measures will downsize the somali population but those who remain will be honest muslims afterwards. Give me my blessed war on clanists.

Any thing short of fighting clanism, clan based movements devoid of islamic platform will be living in endless state of confusion and delusions. Our problems have their roots in Qabiil, Our evils draw their strength from Qabiil, our lack of faith, our hypocrisy, the ineffectual islam even if some of us are showing signs of islamic practice all have their roots on valuing clan, so, Any government will have to make its prime objective uprooting clanism and clan related vile culture, silencing its proponents with deadly force, fight it with religious fervor, otherwise, I think Somalia should be devided into smaller single clan localities having no relations with one another. That way, somalis can go back to their old nomadic roots of living side by side with each clan free from the hypocrisy and greed of the other. This so called nation-state with no islamic platform empowered the most vile among us and the result is bloodlust. Time to go back to islam or else disband the somali clans.

It is Either islam or disband somalia.

Xoogsade saxiib i have to say that i disagree with you. However recognising your wishes being different from mine and that we have equal rights and say as concerning our land and laws for they will govern us equaly insha ALLAH we will then be forced to come to an agreement that will hopefully let you live your life as you wish and mine as i wish.

To force or any other somali to live as you wish them will probably not give you peace of mind and stability much needed to fight other things in life eg starvation ,disease and not to mention you will weaken us so much so us not to resist foreign invation. That you do by first spending heavily to solve internal problems of your making and secondly by killing inovation and creativity.

Having said that i have to add that i am a muslim just like you and given the opportunity and if i have the ability i will preech islam to somalis and the world but rather than force it upon them i will seek for them to accept it of their own accord.

I think diin should compete for peoples hearts and minds and religious leaders must then learn diin so much so as to present the best that it has to offer to the community.

stoit   

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

I am on the extreme and favour strict interpretation of islam to tame volatile and inherently hypocritic society deep in clan worship, so:

A- Only islam is the law of the land.

B- No place for Clan in leadership.

C- Relentless and perpetual war on any group, clan or entity who opposes islamic laws. Most severe violence would be targetted at somalis who raise their voice against islamic based government for clanish reasons. I think I would be content to wipe such somalis off from the map. Declaration of war on clanism, which is a form of preislamic culture, ruthless measures aimed at such culture and people who excuse it even if they are praying five times a day should be the new laws of the land, no excuse for hypocrisy. Their islam means nothing and is only a cover for their mischief, so mow them down if they don't capitulate to the rule of islamic law.

I think such measures will downsize the somali population but those who remain will be honest muslims afterwards. Give me my blessed war on clanists.

Any thing short of fighting clanism, clan based movements devoid of islamic platform will be living in endless state of confusion and delusions. Our problems have their roots in Qabiil, Our evils draw their strength from Qabiil, our lack of faith, our hypocrisy, the ineffectual islam even if some of us are showing signs of islamic practice all have their roots on valuing clan, so, Any government will have to make its prime objective uprooting clanism and clan related vile culture, silencing its proponents with deadly force, fight it with religious fervor, otherwise, I think Somalia should be devided into smaller single clan localities having no relations with one another. That way, somalis can go back to their old nomadic roots of living side by side with each clan free from the hypocrisy and greed of the other. This so called nation-state with no islamic platform empowered the most vile among us and the result is bloodlust. Time to go back to islam or else disband the somali clans.

It is Either islam or disband somalia.

Xoogsade saxiib i have to say that i disagree with you. However recognising your wishes being different from mine and that we have equal rights and say as concerning our land and laws for they will govern us equaly insha ALLAH we will then be forced to come to an agreement that will hopefully let you live your life as you wish and mine as i wish.

To force or any other somali to live as you wish them will probably not give you peace of mind and stability much needed to fight other things in life eg starvation ,disease and not to mention you will weaken us so much so us not to resist foreign invation. That you do by first spending heavily to solve internal problems of your making and secondly by killing inovation and creativity.

Having said that i have to add that i am a muslim just like you and given the opportunity and if i have the ability i will preech islam to somalis and the world but rather than force it upon them i will seek for them to accept it of their own accord.

I think diin should compete for peoples hearts and minds and religious leaders must then learn diin so much so as to present the best that it has to offer to the community.

stoit   

Originally posted by Dhulqarnayn -alSumaale:

-Female 'only' Presidential Election

Did you mean "female also" presidential elections

stoit   

Originally posted by Dhulqarnayn -alSumaale:

-Female 'only' Presidential Election

Did you mean "female also" presidential elections

Laba-X   

good answers - but they are just that!

Soomaalidu waa isma dhaantiyo dhasheed wada madax adag. Like the Abwaan said 'Dubkoodan sare waxaa ku sii xiga diir kaloo adage'

Laba-X   

good answers - but they are just that!

Soomaalidu waa isma dhaantiyo dhasheed wada madax adag. Like the Abwaan said 'Dubkoodan sare waxaa ku sii xiga diir kaloo adage'