Sign in to follow this  
Juje

Somalis yearn for the return of Islamic Courts rulers

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

They secured Banadir for only 6 months on the expense of other region's security and stability.

And the truth shall set you free! Every single Somali supported the home-grown initiative they implemented in Mogadishu. The same Hiiraale they went after under the pretext of guarding Kismaayo against foreign troops was the same individual they were praising for being the only strongman in Somalia who had never ties to Ethiopia as well as freeing the people of Kismaayo from the yolk of Morgan and his cohorts. Had they engineered a peace conference then and there and called all Somalis to Mogadishu who would have refused? Where would we now?

Sadly, clan opportunities threw in their money and resources and came to dominate the maneuvering of the entity and that is why it ceased to exist.

The most celebrated entity to rise and the fastest entity to disintegrate in the annals of Somalia's civil war. Go figure. Never have I felt more passionate then repelling those who set a precedence for using Islam for clannish purposes.

Jacpher   

North, That was when he was advocating for the brotherhood of the larger D family and felt a little paranoid about the courts mainly a single clan militarily. Now that brotherhood didn't work out as expected and the paranoia vanished, thanks to Amxaaro tanks, a total change of heart. Not only classic flip-flopper but also qabiilist at that.

Horn, My hands were not in the air waving a good welcome with joy for Afgaduud [read:TFG] in Amxaaro tanks. Caqli xumo Allaa ii diiday :D

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

North,
That was when he was advocating for the brotherhood of the larger
D
family and felt a little paranoid about the courts mainly a single clan militarily. Now that brotherhood didn't work out as expected, a total change of heart. Not only classic flip-flopper but also qabiilist at that.

Why are you speaking for me? Sxb your obsession with my cyber character is disturbing to say the least.

Dad waxaan maqli jiray cod keligii u caashaqay, haatana ma naynaasta aan meeshatan ku joog ayaad u caashaqday aan ku su'aale?

Jacpher   

^Forgive me sxb, you're asking me to kill that signature of mine. I'm afraid I can't do that. It helps me show better that you voted for the courts after you voted against them, shorty after you've voted for them. No more no less. No pun intended.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

[QB] ^Forgive me sxb, you're asking me to kill that signature of mine.

Waa waxaan xasuustaa dhalaanka siyaasada soo fara gelin jirin. Why must things always take a childish route when one finds you in a discussion?

There is nothing to this statement because it is irrelevant and serves no purpose to anything discussed between you and I. I simple asked why you have a habit of responding for me when clearly I am able to respond for myself?

I need not remind you how this came about simply because you want to go down a juvenile route.

Originally posted by N/AA:

Sadly, clan opportunities
threw in their money and resources
and came to dominate the maneuvering of the entity and that is why it ceased to exist.

Essentially the rise of the ICU was fuelled by capital and support from the business community of Muqdisho which wanted to introduce market regulators so the presence of clan money was in itself a clear incentive for the birth and evolution of the organization.

It seems the whole thing was planned even from the warlords by suddenly and openly announcing their allience agains islamists ,,,,,, from the raise of the ICU, they easy winning of the courts and again their fall.

Fabregas   

Gordon Gekko, the I.C.U is gone know. The question is why are all these towns falling back into anarchy, where is the mighty T.F.G army that was being trained from every corner of the corner of the country.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Northerner:

N/AA

I remember you actually said your opposition to ICU in Kismaayo was on tribal grounds. If only I could remember the title of the thread,,,,,

Saxiib, some members of our society believed that I.C.U could not take over Kismaayo because it was a sacred sanctuary for their clan. So some of them switched their allegiances to the T.F.G/Ethiopia the first day the I.C.U rolled into Kismaayo.....

Horn, raggaan kaadi najaasta ah wad isaga fillan tahy baan filayaa smile.gif

Anyway, the ICU, they came and they went within the space of 6 months. Why? Because there were good men and bad men within the ICU, and these BAD & ruthless opportunists exploited the publicity at every oppurtunity and therefor regrettably hijacked the good cause of the ICU & Kacdoonskii Shacabka. So the ICU has been led astray by out-of-date-map drawn by these indivduals. So now I dont understand why some people mourn falsely about ICU. did they restored peace and security in Mogadishu, the answer is yes, did they restored peace and security to outside Mogfadishu, then answer is no. were they better than this tfg in terms of wider public support the answer is yes. So for some people here like to hide under big BUSTE and I do understand waxa wada coz they just wanna use the ICU-card to their hidden clan advantage we have seen this when they were blatantly agaisnt the ICU when it was bound to central Somalia.

So now all-in-all the ICU is gone and will never come back as they were before, if it comes back this time around then yes with different name and different strategy and this time may the good, wise & learned people be in the lead and you'll see they reach from tip to tip and enjoy the support of the people.

Adeer XAQU ma baxo ama ma suulo, balse baadilku wuu burraa, XAQ & BAADILNA meel ma lagu wada hayn karo ICU-da labadaan ayeey isku meel ku hayeen ayagoo ogoo wixii karaacayna waa la oggaa.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Allamagan:

So for some people here like to hide under big
BUSTE
and I do understand waxa wada coz they just wanna use the ICU-card to their hidden clan advantage we have seen this when they were blatantly agaisnt the ICU when it was bound to central Somalia.

Juje is one of my favorite characters around here but I thought the same thing when I read this topic and saw who started the thread. :D

Juje   

Originally posted by Allamagan:

Anyway, the ICU, they came and they went within the space of 6 months. Why? Because there were good men and bad men within the ICU, and these BAD & ruthless opportunists exploited the publicity at every oppurtunity and therefor regrettably hijacked the good cause of the ICU &
Kacdoonskii Shacabka
. So the ICU has been led astray by out-of-date-map drawn by these indivduals.

Horn:

Sadly, clan opportunities threw in their money and resources and came to dominate the maneuvering of the entity and that is why it ceased to exist.

The two above quotes sums up everything. And it is the reasons why the ICU an alternative for the better did not gain the wide and general support it harboured in its emergence.

But am sure many of us who opposed it for its hypicrosy will regret that stance considering the situation we are in today.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Juje:

But am sure many of us who opposed it for its hypicrosy will regret that stance considering the situation we are in today. [/QB]

Yes sxb, at the end of the day everything that came after the ICU is thousand times worse then anything under the ICU. Ethiopia has invaded and subjugated us, thousands of civilians lost their lives in Mogadishu, the country is demoralized and Somalis are lost more then ever. However, forgive but do not forget; we cannot erase away the bad side of the ICU's history and embark on a misguided heroification project.

With that said, I will repeat what I have said before "wadaadadii doona ducana ugu dara waad na dubateene!