Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Law of Union Between Somaliland and Somalia. Hargeisa June 27, 1960

Zakariye   

salaamu/calaykum kulli, waxaad yara moodaa in meesha ay carro yar ka jirto, waxaa aad soo qortay haddii loo eego si waa wax sax ahaa waqtigii aanu soo dhaafney,laakiin haddadan waxaad moodaa in xaaladu ay is bedeshay oo aanu wax wada cuni karin hadii naloogu soo rida saxan, sidaas daraadeed, malaga yaabaa in dhallin yaro yar yar oo ay ka mid yihiin kuweyna halkan ku jiro aanu isku dayi doono sida lagu xalin lahaa arrimahayna guud ahaan iyo qaas ahaan.

waxaan aqrinayay wax yar ka hor, gabar meesha ku jirto oo aan filayo in aad wada taqaan Xalimo7,oo soo qortay"LOVE SOMALILAND' hadda kulligeen waanu wada jecelnahey in meel waliba ay gaarto guul, haddii ay noqon lahayn, Land,ama the other land, sidaas daraadeed ha lawada is ixtiraamo oo arrintu ha la isku dayo in la xiliyo.

w/calaykuma salaam

Gabbal   

Mystery that is but your personal opinion, and if you have no love for you, than I love you with all my heart for the sake of being Muslim and Somali.

What is the ultimate goal for the Muslims? That they become one nation, and one people, right? The ultimate goal is for a Muslim state led by a Muslim khaliif right? Is that not the ultimate goal for Muslims on this earth?

So how are we to go about that direction when our minds , used and abused by Christian colonial mentality, won't even allow us to to reconcile one of the countless Muslim "states".

You talk of a divorce, which I think is the most ignorant way of labeling Somalia's current condition is. What divorce? What marrige? Are you that dead set against the very wishes of your deen? Are you that against it, that you would do more harm to severe the unity of Muslim ummah. By declaring another "state", simply because it was colonized, mind you it was not even colonized that well, a good word would be used, used by a Christian enemy of Islam?

Cecil Rhodes and other must be laughing in their graves! Oh how the term "divide and conquer" become a depressing reality!

Yet you have the audacity to label me a Catholic, simply because I opt for unity, unity for Somalis, and ultimately for Muslims everywhere.

Subxanallah how are the people of these ages thinking?

AYOUB   

Hornafrique , what is being discussed in Kenya has nothing to do with a Khalif and Somaliland is not breaking away from an Islamic state, far from it. I think Somalinimo has nothing to do with a Khalifate because a Khalifate would include Eritreans, Oromos Swahilis others Muslims around us, unlike what you always preach in here. You have to decide wether you are a 'nationalist' or an Islamist :confused: . I don't see Mbagathi leading to a Islamic rule in Somalia, if you do, I would be pleased if you shared it with us. Mbagathi might even lead to Somalia being kicked out of the Arab League :eek: if you believe the AL's envoy's threats.

Gabbal   

Subxanallah how are the people of these ages thinking?

When I asked that question I was referring to this kind of statement.

You have to decide wether you are a 'nationalist' or an
Islamist

So opting for Islamic unity would make me a "Islamist" right? An "extremist"? A "fundamentalist", or a "terrorist", right?

You have been brainwashed to a degree that you don't even understand what you're saying, or if you do, are using it on purpose.

Subxanallah.

Ayoub I am for Islamic unity now. A Muslim brotherhood within a single khaliphate, but i am not ****** that I should think that it will happen right now. That is why when I say Somalia's unity is to be preseved, I mean that it is be prepared for that time. It should come as a single state, no a dozen fragmented Christian brainwashed tragedy.

The Mbagathi conference? Ayoub do you think I or any Somali for that matter enjoy being dependent on Aideed (jr), Muse Suudi, Abdulahi Yusuf, or any other warlord for Somalia's peace and prosperity? Do you think we just love to be used and abused by them for their political gains? Anyways what you should know is that there won't be a dozen "co"-presidents comming out of the conference, but one.

A Somali government will be formed and Somalia as a whole will be reconciled, that is what should matter! A unified Somalia that would one be part of the greater Muslim ummah!

Is that an "Islamist" dream in your opinon dear Ayoub?

Zaylici   

On the issues of Somalia/Somaliland are quite sensitive, because many people have died, cities were destroyed, substantial population were displaced, this realities had tremendous remifications on the Somali personality and its psychology in the North/Somaliland( I hope Somalilanders would excuse me calling that land North, the reason I use the word northwestern is that I have freinds that are from the north yet do not eccept the word Somali land, to be fair to both groubs I would use both of them, although you might have a plenty of reason to think that I have prior political motivation, but rest assured that I wish to be impertial and objective in my analysis).

We young Somalis should be little bit appreciative and sensitive to the painfull past of our brothers and sisters in Somaliland/Northwestern region. Moreover, itis our collective responsibility to find ways that we can insure that such history is never repeated. Precisely for this reason, it is not good idea to discuss the ganuiness of decuments, while a person is sitting in front of you saying loadly that he/she is in favour of the current course of history with regard to Somaliland/Northwestern region. It is better to discuss issues in brotherhood and sisterhood atosmphere not in an sprit of tension and animosity. The latter form of discussion contributes to the undesrstanding among the unfortunate Somali race, whereas the former reproduces the ordinary discussion of Somali Bedewiin in the coffee shops, or the so called fadhi kudirir. Let us celebrate our commonalites and work out our differences in more freindly and pragmatic ways.

long life to those who restrain their unjustified tendenceies and long life to those who always remember the collectively shared things and work for the good of all including their regions.

Browani philospher once told me that objective anylists( who always pay attension to the prevaling circumstances and prescribe a good way to the crisis) are in short supply among the Somal, whereas those who have dogmatic veiw of the world, such as right and wrong, good position and bad position with the regard to the subject of discussion are in large supply among the modern Somali race.Consequently, the Somali discussion ends in a depressive state, becuase participants do not benifit from their engagement with one another, on the contrary, they learn how make one another bad and angry, such is the state of of modern Somalis regardless of their politcal persuations.

Perhabs this forum could use some modern thinkers who some how manage to talk about issues in a more restrained and sophisticated manner, So much for discussion

Gabbal   

Zaylici

Although your advice, directed at me I assume, is unneeded, I thank you for your insight.

Oodweyn I am to this day waiting for that second act of union that the proctectorate of British Somaliland signed. I'm still curious about it.

please allow me to interrupt your heated debate. 2 points only first we somali people have enough problems to solve and dont careless whether the first union with sland was legal or not because its irrelevent in our present situation (if we cant unite 2 cities in the south how you honestly ask people who have worst memoris of failed union to repeat the same mistakes that we both sland and somalia made four decades ago). i can only apologise to our brothers in the north, and our neighbour slan all the hurt caused by mindless power hungery class who caused that unnecessary pain. secondly its imposible to talk islam and at the same time use as a weapon to win your lost wars. khilafa is misunderstood concept and it's misused as well. there is no one ready made kind of governing in islam. the khilafa that is in the quran promised and incouraged is muslims to lead this world as early muslims did. and the unity that is mentioned in the quran is to unite for the worship of Allah (subhanaho wa ta'aalaa). whichever way muslims organse to govern them selves is ok according to the teaching of islam. muslims can unite under commonweath system or EU type of union or any other union as long as its people aprove it. so please if you do not have enough knowledge of islam try to acquire it more of its knowladge and dont pretend you know everything cause you may hurt the very cause you trying to support. please dont hate each other we have enough hatred in the part of the world we all come from.

again forgive if i distrupt to you.

best wishes bro/sis

Gabbal   

New-Nation bro/sis thank you also for your advice, but if there was a second act of union that "Somaliland" did not agree to, then it may just have the case for seccession!

And if a debate about the union of Somalia is irrelevant to you, than I am not sorry to say that I disagree with you wholeheartedly. They say if you do not know about your past, then you can not go into the future.

best wishes to you

HornAfrique

i understand why you so adamant to discuss the past i.e. union act or acts -depends where you stand. bro/sis the basis for that union was very shaky if not flawed. i'm not saying for the sake of it but it was the outcome of a little research i have done sometimes ago and i dont want you to go through the same torturous proccess and come out disappointed as i did. what realy happend in that time of our history was - i mean union process- was emotional union and during that time too many mistakes were made and that haunted us since than. now if we want to do service for our nation than we should leave the issue of union between the two states for the moment and concentrate unity and the peace of all parts of somalia (i.e. the south.

thank you for your reply and respect

best wishes to you

OG_Girl   

Horn Afrique , u can't imagine how i hate to be against ur great ideas but since those who sign never fellow the rules as a Law student the RULES r invalid , so do u have some thing else they study till other somali stop killing each other or rapping kids ?

Just question

ps i read RULE#1 only and late regine never follow that .

Salaam

Xalimo7   

It is so nice to see the Political Bundits around, i want take this time to say Hello from Btlf City of Hargeisa to the following Bundits.

1-Bari-Nomad 2-Samura 3-Horn afrique 4-SmithNwes

5-Mystery 6-Ayoub-Sheikh(maashaallah)

7-Mr Odweyn 8-Gurad

Somaliland: The Little Country that develops with out help:

Hi to all, when i saw all of you in the same room i was tempted to come in and have my say,

first of all Hargeisa is btlf and last time i was here was like when i was 6-8yrs before i took the long Camel Journey.

this is what i have been hearing lately

So, my question is, can we finally recognize Somaliland as an independent nation (northern Somalia, the bit that the Brits used to own). They've only had a stable, democraticly elected government for about 10 years now, but for some reason, we've decided the barbarians to the south are the legitimate government.

I hope guys you dig my point in here, every time i turn my head around ,all i see is Love/Hate relationship with the Landers, oh man untill i came here i never knew how well somaliland progressed, if you are across the world , my only advise to you is, don't ever come back to somaliland unless you are well educated and have atleast some contribution to the beloved land, if not you will not be able to sustain life , cz there is a big competion and what only holds you down will be your knowledge but not who you know, my other observation in here is how ppl rolling over the land , everyday there is a new building going up, new communication, competition is very tense in hargeisa, so ppl don't have time to be headpulling, they are, blv me in a rush to the development of somaliland, i am glad i came. Boys those of you who have no clue in somaliland , may i suggest plz check very carefully next time you write a piece of your observation about the land , because somaliland is about to start some sort of western lawyers, that is right if you have no bases to support your facts next time around be ready to be dragged the real life of court system, . Well i have to go now but i will keep check only this political section, and hopefully boys will grow up and understand the reality of life. Peace to all Political Bundits.

The Problem of Puntland

An issue that has a direct bearing on Somaliland's ability to attract international recognition is neighboring Puntland's claim to most of Sool and Sanaag Regions, a claim that Somaliland rejects. In 1998, some leaders of northern Somalia and eastern Somaliland declared Puntland an autonomous republic within a federal Somalia. Unlike the leaders in Somaliland, they decided not to opt for independence and oppose the independence of Somaliland. Puntland's boundaries correspond to those areas where the reside. known as northern Somalia, which borders Somaliland.Abdullahi Yusuf achieved a military victory over Jama Ali Jama and established a new regional government. Clan reconciliation has not yet occurred,

see you around Dude

Halimo7 - Good of you for the note from the beautiful city of Hargeysa.

Why not take us a tour around from Sh Madar to Goljano to Shacab area to Guryasamo to Dumbuluskh to Ganad to Daami to Daruuraha to Isha Borma (and add all the new names to the list) – and please stay away from Ina Waraabe’s area of residence.

See if you could give me a picture of what Radio Hargeysa, the Oriental, Yassir and MarodiJeex (I understand it sports a rather trendy name now) look like, if you could?

I would ask you to tell me how my ventures are doing, but then that would be telling, would not it?

Best of luck and remember to bring back authentic home-made “muqmad” ala Hargeysa – not the DoqonMaWaaye replicas.

n/b: I see you still view Puntland as a problem even after you have been to the old country? And by the way, the info you shared about Puntland is outdated for at least 12 months. Perhaps I should contact my mates in Lascaanod and in Bosaso to see if they could give you a tour of the state.

Cheers.

Xalimo7   

Well Samurai Bro, you haven't changed a bit, that is what i like about you, u are true to yourself and glad to c you around, well for the tour i am not looking right now, but after my belated vacation is over, i will pm you and see if u can keep your promise. As for the puntland article yes it is old, that is not what concerns me , but the truth about the article that matters to me.

See around Dude

Well my dear – One must remain true to oneself in order to see austere reality as it stares and relates to ones’ realm.

Hey, if you get the chance, see if you could post some pictures.

And by the way sis – will your tour extend as far as to the south as Burco? Or is that not part of your planned trip for the moment?

About Puntland of the present, you would be surprised as to how speedily and positively promising in all sectors, developmental or otherwise, things are moving along in my beloved Puntland state of Somalia as I along with other federalists await the outcome of the peace process.

Stay in from the cold as the winter season lurks round the corner,

Best of luck!