Sign in to follow this  
Laba-X

The Winds of Change: Triumphant Mujahideen

Originally posted by Saddiiq:

If that's the case, why did they refuse to return to Moqdisho when Sharif and his parliament made the 24 hour emergency call for them to come back.

That's a joke in bad taste. I have yet to see a reliable source that confirms such a call was made. It's an internet myth propagated by the anti-Shariif bandwagon who never tire of trying to draw comparisons between the current president of Somalia and Mr. Yusuf.

Sharif was offering to negotiate with them since he arrived in Nairobi in Jan 2007, why did it take them 2 years to consider his offer? Could it be something that was happening during those 2 years that persuaded them to look for a way out.

Hmm...what could have been happening during those two years that persuaded the Ethiopians to pull out? I dunno, 18 000 people dead for nothing, the realization that 99.99% of Somalis HATE them, the Ethiopian economy degrading to a point where keeping soldiers abroad was vampirising the little resources left for the starving Ethios...and so on.

Listen to yourself. The only territory the man controls is his office desk & you're talking about his pie.

Kindly stop pretending you don't know what I'm talking about. It has nothing to do with territory and you know it. It's a question of legitimacy.

Look at Somaliland. Territorialy, it's a country. Economically, it doesn't exist. Nobody trades with Somaliland, because no one recognizes Somaliland as a separate country.

Whether you disagree with me when I say Shariif has the support of most Somalis isn't important. But you must agree with me that Shariif has the support of the international community. And the international community will decide, whether we like it or not, whether Somalia is a country or a rogue territory.

Therein lies the problem. Shabaab is just trying to get rid of Shariif by force and leave the President's seat empty, so that the outside world doesn't have the choice anymore but to recognize them as legitimate leaders. That's the pie they're after. Whether they control more pasture land and desert is not so important.

Saddiiq   

That's a joke in bad taste. I have yet to see a reliable source that confirms such a call was made. It's an internet myth propagated by the anti-Shariif bandwagon who never tire of trying to draw comparisons between the current president of Somalia and Mr. Yusuf.

I wish it was.

"The government is weakened by the rebel forces," parliament speaker Sheikh Aden Mohamed Nur told reporters.

"We ask neighbouring countries -- including Kenya, Djibouti, Ethiopia and Yemen -- to send troops to Somalia within 24 hours," he said.

http://www.france24. com/en/20090621-soma lia-calls-emergency- foreign-military-aid -ethiopia

Hmm...what could have been happening during those two years that persuaded the Ethiopians to pull out? I dunno, 18 000 people dead for nothing, the realization that 99.99% of Somalis HATE them, the Ethiopian economy degrading to a point where keeping soldiers abroad was vampirising the little resources left for the starving Ethios...and so on.

I don't think it makes a difference to the Ethiopians how many Somalis are killed and lives are destroyed. What matters is how many casualties and damage their army incurs. 2ndly, the occupation only becomes costly if their resources are eaten up in the process. Had the mujahideen left their land to the Ethiopians, it would have become a profitable expedition since Ethiopia would be making use of Somalia's sea ports tax free as we speak. Don't be naive enough to think they wouldn't.

Kindly stop pretending you don't know what I'm talking about. It has nothing to do with territory and you know it. It's a question of legitimacy.

Look at Somaliland. Territorialy, it's a country. Economically, it doesn't exist. Nobody trades with Somaliland, because no one recognizes Somaliland as a separate country.

Whether you disagree with me when I say Shariif has the support of most Somalis isn't important. But you must agree with me that Shariif has the support of the international community. And the international community will decide, whether we like it or not, whether Somalia is a country or a rogue territory.

Therein lies the problem. Shabaab is just trying to get rid of Shariif by force and leave the President's seat empty, so that the outside world doesn't have the choice anymore but to recognize them as legitimate leaders. That's the pie they're after. Whether they control more pasture land and desert is not so important.

We have fundamental differences on this issue, but I'm going to leave that aside and respond simply to the logic you've used.

If legitimacy is a title that's handed down by organizations like UN, EU and those behind them, what do the Shabaab and HI need from Sharif. He obviously isn't the source of this 'legitimacy'. Abdullahi Yusufs 'legitimacy' didn't do him any good, so his sponsors stripped him of his 'legitimacy' and gave it to Sharif. So if they wanted his pie, he wouldn't be the one to talk to anyway. They would just talk to his sponsors. Which brings me to my 2nd point.

What have the Islamic groups done or compromised on to make you think they want the approval of Sharifs sponsors?

Maaddeey   

^^ Heh, the minute I saw the starter and you at the end, I had this urge to look at it, but I don't have time now.

Ps. where is laba x and Kashafa?, NGONGE, y dont you make one more script, just for: SANASHUDDU CADUDAKA BI AKHEEK! :)

Showqi   

Dhowr scripts ayaan sameeystay, wali mey qaangaadhin. Mar dhow markay socod bartaan Maaddeey ayey weerer ku qaadi doonan..:D

NASSIR   

The Maakhirian, Laba-X, is a gifted writer. He's also well versed in Somali poetry and tradition. I haven't seen him in the forums in a long time.

Maadeey, the brother has a blog call "Incoherent Thoughts". I am not exactly sure of the exact title but check it.