Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

PEACEKEEPERS TO DEPLOY WITH OR WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF WARLORDS.

Rahima   

Wind.talker,

Whilst I agree with you to a degree your examples as they apply to Mogadishu are flawed. There aren’t exactly many Texans in Chicago are there? Mogadishu has many reer mudug/galgadud citizens and they do have reasonable influence. At the end of the day, the decision lies with the citizens of Xamar, it is up to them who they choose, but my opinion is that under ideal situations region is of little value for Xamar is home to all of them and it there where their interests lie. Even if they choose a native, it is their right, but for any of us to claim that a reer hobyo can never lead because he is not a native would be ludicrous. What is allowed and what can happen are not the same thing. A texan can be the mayor of Chicago if the people elect him, the point remains, he can be!

Mobb,

Thanks for the advice smile.gif , but once again contrary to popular thoughts, not all the land is stolen ;) , there are people from the same tribe of the USC who rightfully own the land just like they owned it when Siyaad Barre was our president. And this is the situation of my father’s friend who we are buying it from.

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by Mobb_Deep:

Is this brotha tellin sister Rahima to get corrupted and buy missing people's property while the USC militia is controlling the farmlands?
smile.gif

Rahima don't do it na'mean. Ya must do a good research before ya buy any because many dudes(different clans) were either forced to sell the land or they just abandoned fearing for their lives na'mean.
;)

Mobb_Deep, Have you seen in my comments Rahima should buy missing people's properties? Or you just assume like many do, that when some fled everyone else fled and no one who might have owned anything stayed behind? Also, who in his right mind would invest thousands of hard earned dollars in a property he or she knows belongs to someone else and sooner or later the owner is coming back to reclaim their properties? If some had bought what they knew belonged to someone else other than the seller, or robbed the land and the farm anyhow, then it doesn't mean everyone else is going to do just that. Why is it so easy for many to suspect others of unfaithfulness? Or I am fooling myself asking the question to which I know the answer to begin with? smile.gif

Rahima.

If I operate under the assumption that there is no one who can own but me, you got problems coming with anything you buy ;)