Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Grooming a new master

He is possibly the only man who has mastered South Somalia's shifting sands politics. 

From Alshabab - to - Warlord - Regional Leader - to now the self-styled "Dear Leader" of Jubaland - who dances on the heads of so many snakes. 

He keeps his cards close to his chess and plays them right at the right time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, baala xoofto said:

He is possibly the only man who has mastered South Somalia's shifting sands politics. 

From Alshabab - to - Warlord - Regional Leader - to now the self-styled "Dear Leader" of Jubaland - who dances on the heads of so many snakes. 

He keeps his cards close to his chess and plays them right at the right time. 

I agree, But for how long ? Cat with 9 lives, 

He used Deni and was right time for him , throw him under the bus

26 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

I agree, But for how long ? Cat with 9 lives, 

He used Deni and was right time for him , throw him under the bus

So long that there is no real alternative to his rule. I don't see any challenger on the horizon that has the muscle and political power to unseat him. 

Gedo folks couldn't do it even while they held Villa Somalia. I don't think they can do it while they are in the wilderness. Gedonese cannot finance an army big enough to threaten Madoobe's. 

Madoobe gets almost 1/2 of Puntland's revenue per month, around $3-4 million dollars. He doesn't control Buaale, Jilib, Baardheere, Garbaharay, Bulo-Xaawo etc. All the major towns in Jubaland. His administration is only functioning in Kismaayo. He spends peanuts on provision of gov't services. 

This means, He keeps the majority of the revenue for strengthening his administration and clan melitia. 

And the fact that he has positioned himself very well in HSM's Administration, he is guaranteed to survive the next 4 years, at least. 

So from that assessment, if Madoobe has to go, it will only come from his own choosing, not from pressure from his opposition. And his replacement will be someone who he will personally groom. 

galbeedi   
36 minutes ago, baala xoofto said:

So long that there is no real alternative to his rule. I don't see any challenger on the horizon that has the muscle and political power to unseat him. 

I totally agree. 

He doesn't even talk and as you said keeps his cards hidden.. Could be the next leader.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

20 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

I totally agree. 

He doesn't even talk and as you said keeps his cards hidden.. Could be the next leader

You'll never know. It is possible. He is skilled orator and comes across as one of the most reasonable when he speaks in how he accounts his side of the story. Unlike Deni whose hatred for Farmaajo was more personal than political, Madoobe kept it as a Political dispute rather than a personal one. Which is why he came out unscathed from the ugly tussle, unlike Deni who is came out feeling like a sore loser. 

Some sources,  say , he has capacity to free more areas from Shabaab but does not want to, because shabaab is buffer for him, protection from Mogadishu,  Gedo etc

Madoobe knows how to play chess  and he will rule kismayo in the forseable future. The gedo folks have no leader and no ambition all they can do now is cry their last  leader when he was in the bunker couldnt dislodge  madoobe . what makes u think they can do anything now.