Sign in to follow this  
Siciid1986

Mayor of Tower Hamlets Presents Honorary Plaque to Ahmed Silanyo 29 June 2009

The KULMIYE party chairman, Ahmed Mohammed Mohamoud Silanyo, on Monday attended a dinner banquet hosted in his honour in which he was presented with honorary plaque by Ahmed Omer, mayor of the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.

The event, sponsored by the local Somali businesses and community organisations, was attended by several traditional leaders as well as local Somali community representatives from across London. Silanyo said: “ It is an honour for me to attend this great dinner tonight and to be presented with such a gift. None of you, I think, was in this country in 1957 when as a young student I used to visit regularly Somali seafarers living in the docklands of Tower Hamlets”. “I never thought that one day, one of their children [the seafarers] will grow up to be a mayor and present me this gift [plaque]. I congratulate the mayor for becoming the first ever Somali mayor in the UK”. Silanyo has already visited several European countries and towns in the United Kingdom.

With a very tight schedule, he was nevertheless able to attend dinner with Somali community members in Tower Hamlets. Tower Hamlets marked a historic occasion in May 2009 with the confirmation of Ahmed Omer as the first Somali mayor in the UK, making him the borough’s forty-fifth mayor at the age of 45.

S6000507_580x435.jpg

S6000508_580x435.jpg

S6000527_580x435.jpg

S6000535_580x435.jpg

S6000533_580x435.jpg

N.O.R.F   

^Where in London? What street? What is the restaurant called? Is it Somali owned?

Dhaqan aan dhoofinyahow!