Sign in to follow this  
Coloow

Capitalising on the plight of our nation and people

Coloow   

Folks,

I don't know whether you have noticed in your part of the world but in Europe there has emerged a new breed of entrepreneurship amongst somalis (I think this is also common in other immigrant groups). I am not against engaging onself for a common good or fighting for what you believe. Taking stance is a noble thing

The business idea for these entrepreneurs are;

- paint a dark picture of the somalis

- claim that you are doing something to change

- create an organisation, participate in seminars, symposium etc

- make a living out of these

Case in point;

Female genital mutiliation; now, I don't claim that it does not exist but the fact of the matter is that despite taxpayers in europe paying large sums of money to organisation; investigations etc, there are a few convictions or reported case. If you know of cases please tell us. FGM was a practice of the countryside even in somalia.

Case in point 2

Reconciliation nonsense; I have attended some workshops on somalia organised by NGO or governments and at each and everyone of these you see a well dressed man (who cannot even tie a tie) who claims to be engaged in reconciliation and a woman or two wearing ala-tubo. The irony is that many of these entrepreneurs are still stuck in the past

Case inpoint 3

The so called jaaliyad; these groups are there to compete with other for resources; it seems that it is reerkeeyga yaan laga tiro badnaanin. There are at every conference but come with little input

Case in point 4

The religious entrepreurns , ahlu bariis wa qabiil. These maniac preachers have found an easy way of living; they are in the diaspora and know of the problems that confront our society in these countries and their whole religious discourse centres on issues that has nothing to do with us. They are the ambassadors for tribalism; if you tell them that qabiil is qarmuun, they accuse you of being against Allah's words. They are in the forefront of the moral decay of our society.