Sign in to follow this  
Abdirahman Hassan Nur

I NEED YOUR CONTRIBUTION!

Dear Friends,

I highly appreciate your debates and exchange of ideas. It really sounds so great.

After that, I am seriously needy of your contribution of idea. I am gonna establish an academic institute in Somaliland/Somalia (as you wish). I have the project of what to do and the objectives but I would like you to give me some tips regarding the structure and the basic requirements for initiating that institute. I mean the method of technical structuring of the institute.

I am always grateful to you.

Thanks a lot.

Abdirahman H. Nur

Islamabad, Pakistan.

Do you mean Islamic School or academy?

Indeed, it is more needed than anything else as most flourishing scourges (addictions, acculturation etc) need to be tackled at the root, for at least the future generations' sake.

However, I think one pressing necessity I have come to identify and that would greatly encourage local education in general, would be the availability of appropriate educational material, ie adapted textbooks (following an adequate curriculum).

Not only would it greatly assist local teachers but it would also make general education more relevant to local priorities, whether it be in terms of langages or sciences...

Thank you so much, Abu Salman.

Indeed,the institute, I am wishing to establish, is that for "Human Development", as our nation is sabotaged by wars which lost all social and educational values. Therefore, this institute will exert on rebuilding of our nation by teaching the people the significance of unity, education and good governance.

Actually, we have the land but we do not have the right people! I mean by this, that we need reorganizing from bottom. For the implementation of this project, we can definitely have many programs to do in a very comprehensive methods, i.e. orientation and psychological self-development, trainings, academic studies and so on.

I am grateful to you again for your valuable suggestion.

Thanks so much.

Abdirahman Hassan Nur

Islamabad, Pakistan.

Muriidi   

our society is suffering from extremism!

kids need schools where they can learn independance from their immediate families.the phenomenon of the single mother,sometimes even if the father is present.

group dependancy and peer pressure causing one to not be in accordance with oneself...

school is a challenge ...you learn stuff that goes by universal laws and works anywhere (anytime?)

you get a job and you get paid...but more important ...there is a "wholistic reward"

real simple things...i went to school...the spaghetti tastes better.

i learned some profession(any profession)...someho w the mechanic,the butcher,the doctor and our local imam they understand eachother and the world.

i don't want to end up like them....they sit around in maqaaxi and discuss politics unknowingly serving some tyrann!

babylon wants to make us all "ciyaalsuuq"

school is our salvation.

...you there politics is a science go to school!

a good school has a math teacher who tells you that you can do anything!

but also a biology teacher who says what're you gonna do about this sick sad world ...you with your average 60 years or so?

an educational system that takes the pressure off the parents,teaching "maximum individual freedom in a pluralistic context"

maybe not start a whole school...just one faculty...there will be other faculties in different buildings spread around the city...maybe around the country...take your time where are you running to...nowadays money is not an issue...just progress!

the accumulated disappointment of all these college graduates is polluting the city better call greenpeace.

how is your timing in history...do you go by:

crusades then rennaissance discovery of steam engine ,techno rovolution,nuclear age,information revolution....

or

discoveries made by gauss and newton in 1700's

interval by jules verne 1800's and 300 years later isaac asimof and the theories about space,subspace and their social implementations

i strongly advise you to listen to Bob Marley!

...lol...

NGONGE   

^^ There is a natural mystic flowing through the air. If you listen carefully now you will hear. Many more will have to suffer; many more will have to die....

babylon wants to make us all "ciyaalsuuq"

school is our salvation.

Poetry in motion! :D

Malika   

i strongly advise you to listen to Bob Marley!

...lol...

LOL,Indeed muriidi.. :D ya' man! :D:D masha'allah

@Abdirahman Hassan Nur

assalaumu alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakaatuh

barakAllah feek akhi for starting this sort of effort. now that theres finally gonna be peace and stability for the muslim people in somalia we really need to start building our schools and education and infrastructure so that we are not so dependant on handouts from the kufar for basic stuff like rice and flour and water

i think that one of the most important things for the schools is gonna be making sure that theres no free-mixinf like in dar al kufr and making sure that the kids know about the true deen of islam from the very beginning. theyre so lucky cuz they wont see one thing in school and another thing in the streest! it will all be the deen of Allah - islam - and the law of Allah - sharia!

and they should study arabic from the very beginning! my little cousin gets home-schooled so that he wont get exposed to the crazy stuff they teach in schools like pork is healthy to eat and man came from apes. he just started last year but his arabic is already so good and im jealous cuz i didnt start until later and it was a lot harder!

akhi what sort of ideas are you looking for and what sort of help? this is such a great idea and everyone here should be trying to help you because hte heart of da'wa is education - educating all the people of the world about the truth of islam and the beauty that submission to Allah brings to our lives

i definitely want to help so let me know what you need! smile.gif

ameeen walaykum assalaam

Adapt the American Systmem where an emphasis is placed on independence and individualism(so that kids break away from collective thinking and other B.S that we suffer from). The teaching should be student-oriented and should foster all ideas. Also, hire highly qualified teachers who are passionate about their profession.

The key word should be: Equal Educational Opportuniy. Good Luck. And whatever you do please dont hire anyone older than 40 or anyone who "used to" teach before the war for they tend to hold to old ideas and methods.