Sign in to follow this  
Abu-Salman

ATHEISM FUNDAMENTAL INCOHERENCE

Salahh   

I am kinda new to this site so my apologies. I meant to quote some of what you had said but it didn't work the way I had planned. Anyway, You mentioned the fact that the advancement in technology and the loss of faith are kinda related. I believe that most atheists or agnostics are educated individuals who find in themselves enough courage to question what they were able to gain from their younger years.

I don't believe technology has anything to do with it at all. I believe that technology is just used as a fantasy tool by some and they end up doing or wanting to do what they see in videos.

Finally, you ended you forum with a beautiful question....."How could one definitely conclude to the non-existence of God without any logical proof?" But if you think about it, what logical proof is there of the existence of God?

Salahh   

You know what, nevermind. I was a little too hasty with my reply. I should start looking into the responses before delving into the forum. So, all in all, what you guys are saying is that religion is a gamble. Ain't that about a godamn b!tch!

Naden   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

SB, From one reprobate soul to another

Originally posted by J B:

^ As if going to hell was not enough?
btw, why are Jamilah, Waterlily and co are sending
me to hell for what you(SB) do on SOL?
icon_razz.gif

Don’t fret, boys, you’re both going to hell. But isn’t that where all the cool kids go? icon_razz.gif .

Speaking of hell, I just watched a movie recommended by a Syrian friend who’s up to no good like my friend JB with questions of who and where. I think he’s going to hell too :D . The film is called ‘I Love Cinema’ and his church went into a total tizzy when they heard of it.

*Spoiler alert* for foreign film fans.

The story follows a devout, albeit unstable, Christian of the 1960s adamant to save his family from the evils and degeneracy of movies. As he mentally spirals down, this father alienates his wife by refusing to fulfill his…*ahem*…duties, beats up his thief of a boss, and drills into his 6 year old son’s mind that he is going to hell no matter what! The child deals with this hopeless outcome the only way a 6 year old can; he becomes as naughty as possible. He spills water over pedestrians, blackmails relatives for gum, and urinates in a funnel and gives it to his grandmother as a gift :D . What’s point, he asks whenever someone tries to punish him, I’m going to hell.

Great movie!

Naden   

^ :eek: Moi?

I was just teasing JB and SB, but if your prediction looks like it's about to come true for me, I better not see you on the other side :mad: . You'll have first hand experience with a Negro-Nomad-Knockout icon_razz.gif .

Johnny B   

^^^knowing that SB is already there and Naden is coming along , i don't know if i wanna stay.

too crowded for my aloof a$$.

Though it is hard to give up on the unique chance of experiencing the exclussive wrath of the almighty at first hand, i can think of becoming a meek mouse, falling for zipping from the rivers of wine, picking one of my 7 hot houris, aaaah what a frolicsome romp, it's extremely enjoyable knowing that Cara is on the other side taking notes of SB's reaction to the looks of the Dungeon gatekeeprs. :D

Jamelia   

^^^^^^^^^^^^Cacuudi bilaahi....Ilaahey haa ku soo hanuuniyo..Amiin...

Waxaad ku hadleeysiid ciyaar ma'ahan.

Maxaa ku dabo dhigay Diinta islaamka iyo anything islam related?

Zafir   

Originally posted by Naden:

^ :eek: Moi?

I was just teasing JB and SB, but if your prediction looks like it's about to come true for
me, I better not see you on the other side :mad: . You'll have first hand experience with a Negro-Nomad-Knockout
icon_razz.gif

Believe me, smile.gif my choices are limited I have nowhere else to go but the other side. icon_razz.gif Besides why would you need a nacho libre like my self, when you have two hunks standing next to you? And why do black women take absolute pleasure beating up their men? Despite what may take place and how our fortune telling may unfold, lord knows. But I would like to tell you, better yet I’ will say it silently, read my lips Naden I ‘will say it slowly, here it goes. {Olive oil}. :D:D

Naden   

Originally posted by J B:

^^^knowing that SB is already there and Naden is coming along , i don't know if i wanna stay.

too crowded for my aloof a$$.

Don't you wish you could hang out with us icon_razz.gif . And if you abandon the rest of your houris (63), you will get worse treatment than the gatekeepers you're threatening my friend SB with :D . Besides, if you leave, we leave, goddammit.

Originally posted by Zafir:

But I would like to tell you, better yet I’ will say it silently, read my lips Naden I ‘will say it slowly, here it goes. {Olive oil}.
:D:D

LMAO! Olive Oil! :D What kind of black women have you been fighting, nacho libre? Let's just say that you'll be schooled by this black woman in the art of choking a mexican fellow with his tights icon_razz.gif . But that's only if you have the honour of seeing the 'DEN (moi) on the other side. ;)

Cara.   

What an odd discussion this is.

Regarding hell or heaven, I always thought coming back to earth would be a cool third option. Our fair planet offers so much more than lolling about on couches drinking wine that doesn't give you a buzz and ogling pretty girls, which seems to be the sum attractions of heaven. Infinite time in which to explore every pinnacle and valley, swim with whales and drop balls from the leaning tower of Pisa (who doesn't dream of repeating every major scientific experiment conducted by man?) You could blast off on a space ship and float weightlessly in space, watch stars get born and die, find out if there's life elsewhere in the cosmos and if faster-than-light travel is feasible.

Every day would be like an episode of the Magic School Bus.

Reminds of the Death Cab For Cutie song:

Love of mine some day you will die

But I'll be close behind

I'll follow you into the dark

No blinding light or tunnels to gates of white

Just our hands clasped so tight

Waiting for the hint of a spark

If heaven and hell decide

That they both are satisfied

Illuminate the no's on their vacancy signs

If there's no one beside you

When your soul embarks

Then I'll follow you into the dark.

What do you say JB? Would that entice you away from the houris?

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Naden:

Don't you wish you could hang out with us
icon_razz.gif
. And if you abandon the rest of your houris (63), you will get worse treatment than the gatekeepers you're threatening my friend SB with
:D
. Besides, if you leave, we leave,
goddammit

Oh Naden ,though out of good-will, you just killed me softly , eh, skip it, no one dies there on the other side. icon_razz.gif

ooooooh mama, one's brain sure goes haywire trying to figure out what to do with the 63 brunette houris.

Worse is ,coming to terms with 63 supressed emotions. :D

Cara mia,

i'd like to be a Cat in my next life , get spoiled and forget how to hunt mouse. icon_razz.gif

My old man once told me ,Whatever is not discharged is internalized,so,instead of venting my emotions and thoughts onto those demanding houris, who're afraid of the dark, i'm sane enough to grab that hairy hand of yours and vanish in the dark. :D

I gather no one is disputing death as a pending reality. What comes after death and beyond is not a matter of preference, you may agree, and hence broadcasting your first choice is utter frivolity. Considering reward and punishment beyond death and altering your acts and attitudes based on it is a matter of faith. But it’s also the faithless’ vulnerable heel. It’s natural for man to fear the unknown. That’s even truer when the stuff he fears is closely knotted with a looming reality whose certainty he painfully confesses. Death.

Whether JB ends up in hell or heaven is a knowledge that I do not have. But I sure know that it’s not wise to doggedly deny the existence of something whose absence you can’t prove. It’s not bliss, needless to say, to see your fellow brother baked in hell. But reading some poster’s thoughts here, Qur’anic threats, I must attest, for severe punishments are quite proportional to the Atheist’s mulish resolve.

The faithless team seems to have grown imaginary wings and flew too close to the sun…interesting to watch how close they get though.

Johnny B   

Atheer Xiin, so dhawow, gather more but fear no more. and as you coulden't have missed, due to the absence of someone with certain claim of having monopoly on the absolute truth beyond our Death ,we've developed our own imaginary wings.

Look at Cara, isen't she wonderful in those wings ( think of one of those Philadelphia cream cheese commercials) .

Look at SB in white, isen't he irresistable heartbreaker ofcourse without beard .

look at the superp job Zafir does in his Bohemian garden,he is the kind of guy who cosiders one Ant's death a loss of life.

look at Naden and her brilliant job on the larvae at Zafir's Garden, she knows the secrets of the caterpillars and all the colorful butterflies, isen't she too sophisticated n to die for?, dare you miss Salahh playing with the numbers as he shows that substraction is hidden under the other side of the addition coin.and vice versa. and while you're on it ,take a great look at me, Man , i look pretty . icon_razz.gif

All that and still i woulden't be judgemental and class those intellectuals as faithless team. what i gather is a rather naturally well equipped exploration team, given that exploring beyond death is not considered a " no go zone " for explorers who lack or have much of a belif in certain faith.

Guessing whatever comes after death and beyond is an equal oportiunity endeavour, and since we human beeings are certain and only know about this life , prefferably an extension of this life is a forte.

It sure is natural for man to fear a threat,specially a threat that he knows where it is coming from, and the damage it can do to one or his beloved ones or properties, but to fear a threat that you don't know where it is comming from is special for some people , thus , a fear is everything but a faithless' vulnerable heel.

It never is a bliss or favorable to see a fellow mankind in trouble, but in a natural and just world the damage of what one threatens with brings about is (should be) proportional to the sin (or wrong-doing) that ha been commited against one,needlessly to mention that wrong-doing is relative and human nature.

Since Xiin found himself alive , Xiin can't and won't influence what will happen to him after his death , becouse Xiin is incapable of increasing the percentage when he is 100% dead, but while Xiin is alive , Xiin might as well enjoy life and disregard a threat that he doesen't know where it is coming from. :D

Cara.   

JB, you're in a class of your own. My hirsute palm will make holding on easier, but no wings for me thank you. I can't help but make modifications to my physique to make me more aerodynamic, and I've gotten rather attached to some bits here and there.

Xiin, don't be so churlish my friend. The truth is that intelligent people have thought long and hard about life and death, and come to differing conclusions about it all. Since we can never know what's at the other side of the veil, the only reasonable thing to do is to treat one another with kindness and decency and hope for the best. Maybe there's an afterlife, or maybe there isn't. If there's an afterlife, maybe there's a god who'll punish those who don't praise him in Arabic, or who rejected the self-sacrifice of his only begotten son, or who didn't treat butterflies with the reverence they so clearly deserve. The possibilities are endless, as evidenced by the myriad beliefs and religions of mankind. The only thing we know with some certainty is that we are all here, so let's make the best of it. If there's an afterlife, we'll make the best of it too, when we get to it. It's only human.

JB, though marked by ostentatious parade of rosy scenarios, your imagination about the possibilities of life after death is nonetheless strikingly marvelous. But for a flaming atheist to entertain such possibilities is a mischievous prank. These are the stuff of the faithful: generous rewards for the believers and fitting, but unpleasant, penalties for the disbelievers. There it is. To deny the existence of the One who dispenses these retributions, on a one hand, and to naively hope for the best if He indeed exists, on the other hand, is simply unsupportable proposition. Either you believe or you don’t saaxiib. If it was because of my absence, however, that you’ve indulged into this unbecoming levity then perhaps mine was an injection of a dose of reality and good Cara’s livid response was unwarranted.

Plain speech, as it were, has been my Achilles’ heel. You are a doubtful faithless who routinely questions the most fundamental tenets of your follow SOLer’s faith. I respect your curiosity and appreciate your interest but this habit of yours renders your whole effort to a no more than a ceaseless bantering. The fact that intelligent and secularly educated folks choose to believe in God whose existence is scientifically indemonstrable seems to be a source of astonishment for you and your fellow atheist. It shouldn’t be. As you happen to choose to live in a singularly secular life, so others, my good friend, happily live and enjoy in a spiritual life. It’s high time JB-yow to accept and be in sink with that reality.

Cara, clearly you are fleeting with uncertainty. As I said before the topic of death and what comes next exposes atheist’s vulnerable heel. I know you would be tempted to eloquently explain it away but the fact you will die and leave everything and everyone behind must be a fearful scenario. If it is human to be desirous and wishful-thinking, it’s also human to fear the unknown and ponder the endless possibilities it may entail. You normally come across as a cautions and wary person and it’s perplexing to see you recklessly bank you future, rather liberally, on a mere if-else scheme. Are you implying that you have no control over your fate? If yes, then who has? It’s not rhetorical statement to say everyone comes merrily alone to this world and leaves in a state of a sheer singularity and disappears in a dark grave. That ultimate departure comes rather sadly for some, for others; however, it brings a joyous closure to their spiritual life. Common sense tells me that the wise would choose the latter. While he/she could, that is.

Simplistic as it may sound, what is to be gained from rebelling to that common sense then, I ask.