Sign in to follow this  
SeeKer

Reformation in whose sphere?

S.O.S   

Ok now that leaves the wars Africa..........colonialism carved your borders there. The question I have here is it only muslims who are fighting? Most of African countries have gone through some kind of civil strife due to economic difficulties and most times than most power hungry individuals. The only one that seemed to have muslims as prominent members would be Sudan and seriously that is more color based if you ask me . Xiinfaniin answered you aptly by stating that if you were to deal with the core issues in Islam then your conflicts should lessen. To solve a problem it is always wise to go to the root of the problem. Your borders issue is a sub-heading in the division of Islam but I am not trying to figure out individual solutions to these problems per se more like I am trying to find a compound solution to all the problems.

It may be a good idea to to first stop reading my mind, and secondly, to stop getting carried away with unspecified assumptions..........for what's worth, I wasn't actually trying to leadf you from your perception of physical borders (most of the times there're no lines in the sand, and the colonials are long gone) to the actual psychological borders, which are accidentally the real borders. Shouldn't we reform our psyche do you think....?

I think "Reformation of Islam" is just a simple excuse used by non-Muslims who want to accept the views of extremists/terrorist s as the only single truth, for what Islam really is. They just find it easier to deal with this type of enemy(i.e, a monolithic violent Muslim culture) instead of engaging and interacting with a very real and complex religion with real and complex followers practicing it. Most non-Muslims, especially westerners, want some very definite answers and extremists/terrorist s provide definite and simple answers. They make for a better headline and soundbite. The reality is that Islam and Muslims are complex and multifarious.