Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Why has science been squeaking in Islam and roaring in the West?

For your perusal.....and ofcouse share your wisdom too if you may. This is an article that brings to attention what maybe the cause of underdevelopment when it comes to science and development. There afew facts here that rise an eyebrow for those who want to know reasons as to why science and developments arent taking off.

In the Middle East for example, people live in a fantasy world where they have been coddled and pampered by the West like a spoiled child who never has to struggle for anything but has everything handed to him. Just as the child loses his connection to the reality of having to make choices in order to live a productive and fulfilling life, so the Mideast has lost its connection to the consequences of the ideas they hold - death and destruction. The only thing the Mideast produces is oil and the West sends billions of dollars in aid thereby propping up regimes that are antithetical to our interests and safety. However, Arabs did not even know what oil was before European and American oil companies arrived to discover and develop it. Then in our benevolence we handed it over to them (to this day there are hundreds of westerners helping them manage the oil production) and now we pay to import it.

For the full article read below:

why Islam is backward when it comes to science.

SeeKer   

I thought I might take a look at the full article to understand the context of the paragraph you qouted. Needless to say the article was spewing propaganda. Equating Islam with the dark ages is not fair just because Islam is a religion that is most prevalent in the third world countries she choose to include illiteracy into the mix. Allahkulihal you brought up the topic despite the bias article there is an issue there. My take on it is that most of the "scientific minded" muslims choose to live their lives in the west where they will be able to live in the lap of luxury and in a world that they feel "free" to do what they want. How many doctors, professors, professionals have an Islamic name that live in the West. I can name ten in the campus I am at now. So I don't think its Islam per se but merely that the believers have choosen to go share their knowledge to the highest bidder.

I used to believe as the writer does that reasoning and religion are at opposite poles. Then I read Harun Yahya's books and I saw that you can wrap reasoning around any philisophy you have. Like I said she sounded like she was spewing propaganda especially when she wrote these words "The laws must be based on a foundation of respect for the rights of the individual to his life, his liberty and his pursuit of happiness. " Sounds americano to me.

Someone should correct her stance on this too " So why would you need or want to understand this world through science when all you have to do is hang in there a bit till you die or choose the express service via becoming a suicide bomber. " :rolleyes: We as Muslims are told to live our lives as if we will die tommorrow and at the same time live it like we will live forever. So personally that seemed to make her whole article null and void of any journalistic talent.

What a biased piece of junk! Read what this educated Westerner wrote:

In the Middle East for example, people live in a fantasy world where they have been coddled and pampered by the West like a spoiled child who never has to struggle for anything but has everything handed to him. Just as the child loses his connection to the reality of having to make choices in order to live a productive and fulfilling life, so the Mideast has lost its connection to the consequences of the ideas they hold - death and destruction. The only thing the Mideast produces is oil and the West sends billions of dollars in aid thereby propping up regimes that are antithetical to our interests and safety.

First, she compares the Middle East to a child and, to add insult to injury, says the ideas the Mideast hold dear are "death and destruction." WTF! The only thing the Mideast is good at is producing oil - which is, of course, natural. And the combined GNP of the entire Muslim world is less than half (1/2) of Germany's!

But the tone of her piece is set when she writes: the West sends billions of dollars in aid thereby propping up regimes that are antithetical to our interests and safety. For her, its not about the Muslim world and its well-being - she's overtly more concerned for the well-being of the West. In essence, the writer's wondering why the West - since they're the puppet masters of the Mideast - isn't doing more to curb regimes which are, in her view, a threat to Western civilization.

This kinda writer puts Nazi propagandists to shame!

bilan   

some people are ignorant beyond help, if the author really wanted to know islam and science he/she would have discovered muslims were making scientific discoveries while europeans were living in dark ages and praying to saints to save their sick relatives.

Jacpher   

I personally find this article disturbing and disgusting. It insults Muslims and non-Muslim of the Middle East. It’s beyond belief that someone with no brain claims Muslims are opposed to science and the concept of learning and development while in fact Qur’an itself emphasizes and encourages reading, learning and seeing the “signs of Allah†in numerous times. The Qur’an is full of signs (scientifically proven) for humanity to understand. It’s very shameful for us (Muslims) to have a westerner (who has no clue as to what they’re talking about) tell you about your religion.

It’s misleading to suggest that Islam or Muslims are somewhat opposed to the concepts of science and that they are uneducated about the matter. This is similar to saying Christianity and Judaism are in conflict with science and resistance to it. As a Muslim, I agree that Islam, Christinity & Judaism are [used to be] religions of God and have lots of similarities. Therefore, it’s wrong to say one of them is incompatible with science or feels threaten by it or Christinity does not support science therefore Christians are uncivilized people. This is just a personal bias or propaganda. After all, science is a concept that can/can’t be proven but religion is mostly not concept but rather belief system that’s followed.

Few words of wisdom to the writer: Islam teaches and encourages the use of knowledge and Allah has repeatedly mentioned in the Qur’an for us to see & value “signs of the Creatorâ€. Jut to name a few, the existence of the universe, the development of the fetus, the origin of water in life, are some of the science that the Qur’an taught us more than 1400 years ago. Historically, Muslims advanced in science while westerners were living in darkness. May be the reads needs to read the ancient history of the world. Who invented the watch? Or Al-gebra? Read the history of ancient Iraq. Or more recently, who is the father of the nuclear of both India and Pakistan. Both of them were Muslims. The problem of the middle east is not religion. It’s the regimes that are opposed to the development of their nation. Who installed these regimes? I guess everyone knows the answer.

I find it hard to believe that the writer didn’t bother to mention one science concept that’s incompatible with Islam.

Read this article if you have the time

http://www.islamicity.com/science/theamazingquran.shtml

The author is a crazy woman called "Margaret Sanchez", she is racist against muslims people not only from Middle East but also from North Africa (I just finish reading an article she wrote about anti-semitism in France).

She is so dishonnest and see the world through an opposition : Good versus Evil. Or good America versus Bad Muslims.

For her, every muslim is a potential suicide bomber who "had been enlightnned by the West " and is ungratefull now.

She's also confusing ISlam and muslims. Just because most muslim countries are being ruled by dictators doesn't mean that the religion is to be blamed.

I can't blame Hinduism or buddhism for poverty and child labor just because in those countries millions of children are working as sex slaves or doing adults jobs.

She is doing this deliberately and she knows what the truth is, No one says Christianity is backwards and dangerous because there are some pedophile priests.

redface.gif