Sign in to follow this  
Miskin

What does the future hold

Miskin   

The future of any society lies in the hands of its up coming generations. As a Somali man who lives in the west, I am stunned by the instability of our young generation. It is utterly disappointing to see so many young drug addicts, rude boys and girls who do nothing with their lives.

It makes wonder, where does the future lie. Majority of our older generation are either warlords or tribes men. Our own generation (that is you and me are not any better) and our younger generation is completely lost. So is there a future?? Just an opinion.

Miskin

It looks Bleak huh, i have to agree with you bro. But dont dispear to much there are also alot of success story amongst our generations, more graduates, more professionals etc etc.

khadar01   

Thank you Miskin for a wonderful topic, it's topics like this that make me love SOL.it's very sad to see some of our youth doing drugs, not only destroying their life, but in the process hurting the ones that love them.it's also very sad to see somalis that aren't doing drugs, not doing anything with their lives, considering our background.i guess they forgot that somalia is one of the poorest countries in the world if not the poorest, and illiteracy rate is very high.all the more reasons to strive to succeed when you have this opportunity.however there's hope, there's new generation that is doing something with their lives, that's either working,going to school or raising kids.when you see a confused somali youth, please make freinds with them and give advice, you may make a diffrence. once again nice topic.

Mowgli   

Asalaama Alaikum

I've spent the past two years asking myself that very question...especially when I saw kids as young as 14 eating jaad and arguing about qabiil...countless of times I have shaken my head in dismay at college when I saw the amount of hate/contempt they had for ppl from other tribes was unbelievable

But as the others have mentioned there are a lot of success stories too and in the mean time all we can do is pray to Allah swt to guide our lost brothers/sisters and restore our homeland to the glory it once had...

Ma'Salaama

Intizaar   

If there is will, there is away , so don't dispear. Just look pictures posted in this website for inspiration, of people back home can over come the struggle they face daily, we can do it too.