Sign in to follow this  
GarYaQaaN

Pessimism

It had suddenly dawn on me—that Somalia’s tragic situation could continue on for another 14, 20, 30 years or more. Ridiculous? What do you know and see that the rest of us don’t? Certainly there are other countries in the world that went through 30 or more years of civil wars (e.g. Angola, Columbia, Sudan). Plus I do not see anything to be optimistic about these days in Somalia. I expect Somalia to be the way it is for at least another 10 years or more.

I'd have to share ur perssimism bro. I hope that the positive trends that do exist's insome areas now can continue to grow, but geenrally speaking i cant see how the for republic can return any semblence of normality. The so-called leaders now cant be of any help to the cause. Warlords, Criminals, Mass Murderers, Nationalists, Beggers etc etc.

A BIGG JOKE they are..

Baashi   

True! our predicament could continue on for years if those in position of influence don't make 180 degree turn very soon.

There is touch of optimism in the air however, and very soon the good will ultimately truimph over the evil. Stable and peacefull Somalia is our hope; difficult yes! but not impossible to attain with Allah's help...WE shall overcome. Keep hope alive.

I'm sadden by the fact, you guys have that menatlity formed. I agree, it does get overwhelming and at times you have no other obligation but to say 'screw with somalia and its qabilist backword ways'. I strongly feel some of your views but i personally think, it wont get better until we as people get better. There is so much focus on having 'convension with diff. warlord' then emphasising on the people, the elderly people whom have gotten skinner then a tooth pink or lil kids whose eyes and stomach seem as though, its leaving their bodies. I believe we should put more on trying to make the living environment better then get to the political aspect of somali. I mean its a try, we already experienced one side, why not turn the table and see it from another angle? I mean, i speak of one person's opinions, it may or may not be different then yours.But eh i let it be known. Am for the greater power of SOMALI IN WHOLE. Not sub-tribes n all this ridicious views.

One.

I strongly feel some of your views but i personally think, it wont get better until we as people get better

which ppl, back home or the Disapora Lot (US).

If you refere to the people back home, they cant get beyond a certain stage of well being with the current sitaution prevailing. Just getting by, and surviving might be enough of a concern for a substantial amount of people.

However if you are refering to us here in the disapora then i havent seen enough to make me optimistic, infact i have sometimes unfortuantely seen quite the opposite

I think the absolute worst is behind us, which is a good thing in my eyes. From this point on, Somalia can only improve.

[EDIT] I had forgotten about the AIDS concern...that can definitely return us to hell in a short period of time. Ilaahay ha inaga qabto.

Liqaye   

-a pessimist is a person who finds reason to be pessimistic everyday-

anon.

I am not pessimistic, I realise what the situation is and i do not make the mistake of handing my salvation to any one else.

In the larger scheme of things 20 yrs means nothing.

Liqaye   

bro mancini, I understand that todays reality is very bleak and dreary and a reading of it as purely that will cause one to think himself a pessimist.

But I would call it depression a perfectly human reaction to an external situation.

But think about it like my previous quote said, a pessimist is always looking for something to prove, and reinforce his pessimism, having read your articles i would not cause you a pessimist not by a long shot.

Pessimism is such an un-productive state of mind it un-belivable, have you ever heard of an individual or a nation entering any great enterprise or one of self-preservation such as in somalias case, by being pessimistic about the result that can be expected?

And if you have heard about such a case has not the end result reinforced the pessimism of those that participated?

It is a pointles circle.

One that i am to ugly to have much respect for.

Nope i ask not for optimism but at the very least realism, the situation cannot last and a day is a very sort time in the history of somalia.

I dont no what Garyaqan would want to add to the replies so far, but my point simple is all i see is medicore Peace Talks, and here in the disapora Countless Ruywaaids by Samatar, or Warsame celebrating all and sundry. :rolleyes:

So until i catually see (again you might say why dont you get invovlved yourself , which is a fair question) well organised Groups/foprums addressing Issues such as Health, Education, Economics, Law and Order etc etc in detail, being formed!!! Then i shant assume that by magic things will get better anytime soon (soon being n years).

Seeing is indeed beliveing on this matter.

Modesty   

Ruuahaan somaliida waaye hadal badan yiyiin. Cala kuli xaal muranka intaa iska daayno anaga (hada) an uu kabanoo Somaliiya caawinaada ay uu baahantahay. Odayashas oo qabyalada kuu soo gobteen oo wadankeena gobeen aan deelno aan ka bixiino Somaaliiya. Maalin kasta waxaa maqlaa ' somaaliyaa meel oo waligeed nabad helaysa ma'aho, lakin waaye tahay maxaa dhacay waxaa laga yaaba in oo qof oo SOL ku jiiro inu madaxweyno noo noqdo( sida anigoo kale :D ), marka cala kuli xaal redface.gif hadalkaa badan oo action kuu jiirin aan iska dayno. Toban sano baa hadlayneey, ee hurdada aanu ka kacno! Nabadgalyo.

Hope my Somalia was comprehendable :D:D

Matkey   

Considering futile peace process led by the warlords, I agree that there is nothing to be optimistic about Somalia anytime soon. Being optimistic about our current political condition will only hinder Somalia from pursuing different approach and most of all appointing different players to the peace process. There have been as many as thirteen summits in effort to bring about peace in Somalia. How many of them were successful? None

Haashim   

Shuju i think you know my view point about this matter. the first thing Rasuul S.A.W learn sahaba R.A. was no difference between them (Abubakar, Bilaal, Salman, Zuhayb) Arab, Afrikan, Persian, European respectively became brothers.

second was Madinah was no more Aws & Khasraj (two tribes) city rather it became an Islamic city everybody was living equaly weather he come before several days or born in it, these two tripes were welcoming their muslim brothers from different parts of the world and giving them everything they could until they offered to choose one/two from their wives. and the Makah later become same as Madinah no one tribe (quraysh)city anymore.

Have we fulfiled these two basic islamic conditions or we're fearing if other tribes come to our city they will loot our resources icon_razz.gif even though we all are dying hunger and disease.

and remember we're very poor nation and yet we're discriminating each other and not allowing our brother/sister to share with us this very little resources (if there is resource at all) in the fear that they may finish and displace us :D .

To be optimist in this situation, in my view, is a night-dream :rolleyes:

Indeed Muraad redface.gif , and i was not even contemplating such conditions when i was trying to forecast in my on mind what chaces exists for a viable future.

It would be great to be proved wrong in this cae though .

Blessed   

In Sha Allah khair, I personaly belive that there is wisedom behind Allah's decree. So even if the situation in Somalia looks bad on the surface, it is in a much better position today than it was under the colonial and dictatorial rule. And considering the views presidential candidates that we have - I think we'r better of as we are 4 now. Contrary to public opinion there is a steady level of development in Somalia.. and HIV isn't only a crises in Somalia but also in more developed nations in Africa - it is not a case of having a government but resources.

I don't want to get too into it... but I'm very hopeful that Somalia and many Muslim countries will be victorious in the end .... we just need to have faith in Allah and follow his commands ...