Sign in to follow this  
Coloow

Nuradin Farah- my candidate for president

Sophist   

Entre, interesting choice. Farah is brilliant writer and -those of you who may not know him, exceedingly good metaphysician- I have read almost all of his books and find them enchanting as far as the prose goes. When I met him at the School of Oriental and African studies in London while back, he struck me a mand who is indeed gallant but with a bit of western in him-those of us who read anything to do with Social Science in higher education is infected some sort of western poison (as my friend use to say- Alah bless his soul, amin); albeit not puritan in that sense.

Farah should carry on what he is excellent at and that is enthrall us with his moving prose. I remember reading his non fiction book- Yesterday tomorrow- I was indeed reduced with a sense of self-loathing, I almost had great derision of being Somali. Good books should indeed have such an effect upon its trained readers. I hope he continues to write.

Salafi Akhii fil Caqiidah,

Good is a generic term in this sense. We are not saying all he writes about are jolly good, but indeed in the way he conveys his forceful massage simply first rate. Secrets (the award winning book) is vile, vulgar and demoralizing read as he depicts Somalis in rather shady light; but it is the book I enjoyed reading most-his writing skills rivals with that of James Joyce; he is simply ravishing to read. Morally wrong but the technique is briliant-- I hope I am not punished for saying such a murky thing.

Sophit