Sign in to follow this  
lol

Still In The Dark Ages?

I think really that on this point it is you who have confussed yourself hibo. I think realist was very short in answering you.........but really he was to the point. Its not a question of miss interpreting Islam (of which you shouldnt assume that i have)as its quite clear and distinct and comprehensive in the roles that it has defined for the man and women and those are un-questionable for sincere practising muslims either male or female.

I think more accurate is what lefty might have touched.

Baashi   

I thank u sujui-1 for posting this article. I found it quite enlightening...her is a qoute from that article;

Does this mean that Islamic traditions necessarily prescribe maintaining the status quo in the Islamic societies that exist today? The answer is a definite "No." Many thinking Muslims - both men and women - would agree that their societies do not fulfill the Islamic ideals and traditions laid down in the Quran and reinforced by the example and directives of the Prophet Muhammad, salallahu alehi wasallam. It is reported in the Quran and from history that women not only expressed their opinions freely in the Prophet's presence but also argued and participated in serious discussions with the Prophet himself and with other Muslim leaders of the time (58:1). Muslim women are known to have even stood in opposition to certain caliphs, who later accepted the sound arguments of those women.