Sign in to follow this  
Liqaye

Is war the natural state of human beings?

Liqaye   

This is still an unfinished thesis but when you look at the history of the world, you see that every development, mental, political, or technological was superseded and marked by intense violence, as an example take any religious or socio-political reformation.

Also when you look at the "mordern" history you see how it is all nothing but an attempt by some to remove the present elite, if you look at any revolution the true beneficiaries were the middle class( the lawyers such as robbespierre and lenin as against true for the lack of the word proliterians)

but inspite of this when you look at human development i mean even as homosapiens we had to battle against a previous breed and ..well...exterminate them.

History is violence and it kills what cannot prosper.

if this is true were are we as somalis and muslims heading to?

jaaluut   

Conflicts are a neccesary part of the human experience otherwise corruption would spread on earth as Allah said in the folllowing verse.

could someone translate for those that don't know arabic into english?

"walowlaa dafcullaah naasa bacduhum bibacd, LAFASADATIL ARDHU"

True indeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

when you look at human development i mean even as homosapiens we had to battle against a previous breed and ..well...exterminate them.

History is violence and it kills what cannot prosper. if this is true were are we as somalis and muslims heading to?

OGUN, I don't understand from which perspective you're trying to reason. You mention the evolution of homosapiens, but you also mention the fate of Muslims. Are you arguing as an evolutionist or from a religious foundation? I mean, if it's the former, you can always bring in Social-Darwinism, or Hegel's "thesis, antithesis and synthesis" history cycle of war and peace...the list goes on. But if you want to consider the plight of Muslims, shouldn't you discard any notions of evolutionism since they obviously conflict?

Humans are violent under certain conditions. However, these days such conditions are abundant and humanity will never obviously achieve perfect state of being.

I noticed on this network most of the members argue that Somalians are horrible. I would like to stress that we are part of the human race and we should not be excluded.

Personally I believe there are other forces which influence behaviour. We shouldn’t point fingers; we should just try to our part towards the betterment of the human race