Sign in to follow this  
NoMaD_CrEEpA

Ramadan and the After Party????

salamz ma friends ... i would just like to ask why is it that we fast for 30 days and come the end of it throw it all away by partying. Now call me stupid but i think some us have not yet figured out the benefit of this holy month. i think we should encourage each other to do whats right and not whats wrong, only then can we move forward as a nation of islam.

Until next time ma people, take care n Ramadan Kareem.

A friend of mine once said to me:

'Keep Allah in your heart n girls out of your head' - as a muslim brotha i wanna share that advice, so that we guide each other and not MISGUIDE!!

W/salam icon_razz.gif

Humble brotha welcome.

Just a minor correction, its Ramadan not Rabadan.

However, that's a good point you made. What's up with the Eid Bash followed by the NewYear's party. Funny eh?

What exactly do u mean by partying. If you talking about partying as in dancing and doing the nasty then thats wrong but the end ramadan is atime of family get together and eating, giving and drinkin *xalaal** and to talk to friends and family you havent seen for alongtime. Now thats not abad thing rather acelebration of 30 spankin days of fasting and prayers.

So I suppose the kinda party u talking about is totally opposite to what we as moslems should do.

first of all thanx for your views, i know its hard for somalis to be really honest nowadays but its obvious people know the truth yet they ignore... there's a surah in Quran which states:

'Mankind is indeed hard headed towards his Rabi (Lord), But their actions are a witness against them'

i don't judge people but as part of an Ummah i think we should take this opportunity given to us by Allah, and realise the real fun starts in Jannah... Peace

by the way to Tamina.. sorry i guess we're all human sometimes.. ma mistake, thanx for pointing it out to me though, May Allah reward you for your effors...Ameen

Kool_Kat   

Humble_bro... You forgot about the party just before Ramadan starts... Walaahi, just last night in Toronto, there was a ruwaayad... Why? 'Cuz Ramadan is starting soon... Goshhhh... What's wrong with these ppl...

And another thing I have problem with is girls/women who cover up just for the month of Ramadan... And then when Ramadan is done with, they're back to their old habits... All uncovered and shiiitttttttttttt... Damnnnnn that really gets to me, Walaahi...

Lefty   

IT's legitimate to pinpoint out certain negative habbits in Somali community although everything has limits to certain extend. As far as Ruwayad goes, I really don't have that much of concern about it. It's just a Part of somali socializing ways.

However, I agree with koolkat and there are some ackward people who do things differently. Morever, I'm referring to those who only pray the holy month of Ramadan. I was like where were you the rest of eleven Months!

Dhimbil   

Nothing wrong with becoming better muslim during ramadan, ramadan changes a lot of pple for the better and mostly permanently. smile.gif

Ramadan Kariim

Is it me or have i lost all touchs with my nomads.? Why is it that we do or say what we already know will not benefit us? It's propaganda how we demean ourselves. Who is to say that covering up or praying for the month of ramadan is bad? I believe it's more good than bad, and for you to make false assumptions as such is inappropriate. If that confused,vulnerable,

mislaid brotha & sistah needs some comforting during that month and in search find a understanding, knowlegebale shiek,brotha,sister and change for the better than it's obvious it has changed their views and by that became a better understanding muslim.

I don't mean to lecture but i've over heard and tired of how we make ourselves highly of others; yes we all have our own sins and faults but one to judge isnt rite.

As far as partying goes after or before ramadan'- well if we retrive back to the quran, we're not suppose to AT ALL...NO EXCEPTIONS...and people making in connection with ramadan has no place. If you wanna take it ' than do so by all means no partying' but don't be fool and say it's harm just cuz it followed after ramadan' it's wrong regardless of anyday of the year PERIOD...

VIEWERS DON'T BY-PASS THIS TOPIC' CONTRIBUTE AND LET US HEAR YA FEEDBACKS ....

ONE xxxxxxxx

Salaan...

Originally posted by illmatic:

Nothing wrong with becoming better muslim during ramadan, ramadan changes a lot of pple for the better and mostly permanently.
smile.gif

Ramadan Kariim

That is exactly waxaa dhihi lahaa, duqa. Ilaahey soon wuxuu ugu talo galey in 'extra' chance helno oo mar walba soo xasuusano, and especially kuwa si fiican diinta ugu dhaqmin. So, nothing wrong with those who pray or cover themselves or do any other good deeds during soonka, marka Ilaahey hanaga wada aqbalo. And may Allaah Subxaana Watacaala guide us all: Aamiin.

Ramadaan Wanaagsan!!

Its not halaal to party at all but most ppl do it anyways. So does it make any difference if u don't party on eid but any other time of the year.

Lets say u don't go anywhere on eid but after a month u go to a party wat isn't that halaal.

I don't get when ppl stay good only for short amount of time but the rest of the yr they do anything they please.

Link   

Salam

I have always found it ironic how right after Ramadan there was the “Eid Jam” that everyone was looking forward too *just two days ago a friend was telling me how someone was inquiring about where it was going to be this year*. (I can’t sit here and say I wasn’t tempted to attend a few, even with realization that it was wrong wasn’t even going to stop me.)

Lefty: U said: “It's just a Party of Somali socializing ways.” Oh my, that’s what everyone tells their parents, but what really goes down at these parties, is just like any club.

I personally don’t care about what people do its going to be between them and Allah(swt). But, for the sake of God don’t associate these Somali Jam’s as a Celebration of Eid.

And for the people who wonder where these so called Muslims are 11 months out of the year. I really don’t think we should be jumping the Gun and we should give them the benefit of the doubt, we really don’t know what’s inside their hearts.

Ma’Salam

Ramadan Karim

having a party is not haraam. A party can only be haraam if alcohol is served. The atmosphere could make people do things that are haraam. You can go to a party enjoy, have a good time and not do one thing thats haraam. The party can only be haraam if people do things that are haraam.

If your point is that party provides an atmosphere that will encourage people to do things that are considered haraam then I will agree with you on that point.

Originally posted by mis_Nasima:

Patrying for no excuse is haraam. If its a wedding celebaration than that is not haraan but just partying for the sake of fun i heard its haraam.

So having fun is haraam?

I SMELL TALIBANISM