Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

1000 Women for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2005

1000 Women for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2005

The search is on for 1000 women from all over the world who will be nominated collectively for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2005. The idea is to call international attention to the vital role played by women from all walks of life in challenging harmful established social/cultural boundaries, institutions and ideologies and in creating and promoting peace in their communities and the world.

With the nomination of 1000 women for the prestigious Nobel Peace Prize, peace workers will be honoured and given international recognition. Their lives and work will be documented through video and film, audio tape, printed biographies and other media, and their strategies for constructive conflict resolution, peace-making and development will be analysed by researchers worldwide and utilized in the study of conflict and peace processes.

We define peace as more than the absence of war. Our concept of peace is comprehensive and covers all aspects of life including politics, the economy, culture, social and natural environments, and social justice. We, therefore, are looking for women who have a holistic approach to peace. Our concept of peace is human security, which is endangered daily by conflict, poverty, inequality and disrespect for human rights.

The situations that women who work for peace have to confront and rectify include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:

• The promotion and protection of human rights
  • The protection of children, women, people with disabilities, and other at-risk groups
  • The elimination of poverty in all its forms
  • The struggle against structural violence and discrimination (including patriarchal, caste, class, racial, and ethnic)
  • The establishment of a just economic and social order
  • The establishment of a just economic and social order
  • Ensuring universal access to resources
  • Promotion of peace negotiations and conflict mediation
  • Health and education
  • Analysis of mechanisms that endanger peace
  • Documentation of war crimes and violations of human rights
  • Action against all arms, especially the proliferation of small arms

The main criteria for the peace women are summarized as follows:

• She employs and promotes active, non-violent responses to conflict situations, structural injustices and inequalities
  • Her work is sustainable and long-term
  • She leads by example, acting with moral courage and responsibility
  • Her work is exemplary and worthy of emulation
  • She works for the cause of peace and not for political or personal gain
  • Her work in transparent and based on tolerance
  • She includes and engages with people of different backgrounds

_____ _______ _______

Interesting project aint it? I wonder if any of the nomads know of or would like to nominate a Somali peace activist? There must be many!

You can get all the info inc. the nomination form from this site.

Its past time women's global contributions to peace-building were acknowledged.

PS: Online nominations close May 31st 2004. (Insha'Allah)

Jaabir   

DD.. i went to the website and looked for your name to no avail :confused:

let me know how i can nominate you for keeping the peace in SOL ? ;)

Qac Qaac   

sis, don't u think, it is still putting down to women, why 1000 of them giving one time the stage, where man gets one time out of time. or out of day..... still it is men world huh?

this noble price thing, only works for Zionist.. look all the ppl that got, u'll see a trend if u look at them carefully and study the reason they won for.... the Zionist movement is happy with u, u get it.. lot of sell out muslims got it too..

Jaabir   

Originally posted by Qac Qaac:

sis, don't u think, it is still putting down to women, why 1000 of them giving one time the stage, where man gets one time out of time. or out of day..... still it is men world huh?

this noble price thing, only works for Zionist.. look all the ppl that got, u'll see a trend if u look at them carefully and study the reason they won for.... the Zionist movement is happy with u, u get it.. lot of sell out muslims got it too..

Brother Qacqac.. why you always so negative?

The nobel the avererst of academia,

but the nobel peace prize is worthless, specially since sharon n arafat got one.

just a question, do they all share the prize, cuz dat would mean they would get only around $ 15000 instead of of a mil n half.

Qac Qaac   

V12 got my pt. it is useless thing. but i guess it is something the western care about nowadays. anyways brother Darman... it looks like, u don't want me to make u see the other side, make u think of the stuff around you, i am not being negative, and i am not gonna gain anything from being negative. is just i am here to make the ppl think. and some of u might not like it.

why are you being so uptight bro?

Originally posted by Qac Qaac:

LoL @ QQ

The whole point, dear, is to draw international attention to the work of women peace activists. They're not campaigning for individual, but collective recognition, hence the '1000 women...'. I think its a good idea personally.

Vanquish,

I dont know about the prize money. Will probably be used to fund their individual projects, am guessing.

Darman,

Look harder. :D