Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Gabayo Soomaali ah waxaad k a heli karta halkan

Hibo   

Barta Afkiini hooyo!

Somali poetry has a cool format but it is not rhyming when you try in English. I will try to create a new poem here(Hal abuur). Here goes my try:

Am I not Somali

Am I not Proud

Am I not Muslim

Did I not put these lines one after the other just like when I shift the gears in my car? Did I not proudly proclaim who I am? Speeches are Speeches but they are different in rank and style and to day let me pour out the highest quality speeches.

Am I not the one who left Somalia by my self?

Am I not the one who came to England 1988 like a destitue refugee? Did I not struggle and rise from position to position, indeed did I not excell in school? Warsame in Wembley, Samatar in Southall and all Somalis South of the northpole who can deny the way I excelled in school and life? Did not people try to sidetrack me with Qabiil and qadhmuun? Did not most men chew themselves into a coma? Did not our woman lose their culture? Muusow did we not suffer in the world to whcih we arrived? Did we not become the bottom of society? What did the pride of the clan do for us in London? What benefit did it have? Surely you must say none!

Did I not put these lines one after the other just like when I shift the gears in my car? Did I not proudly exclaim who I am? Speeches are Speeches but they are different in rank and style and today let me pour out the highest quality speeches.

Am I not the one to say no to drugs and vice?

Am I not the one who people call "wanaagsane"?

Am I not the one all woman want? Did I not proclaim the woman of my dreams in the middle of the wedding? Did I not show courage unlike the Coward? Did I not did I not, Did I not falsely think I was in love? Warsame new the stupidity of my action did he not falsely led me to believe Ilhaan loved me oh my friends where I not heartbroke when my dream turned false, did I not learn from Cilmi Bodhari and his flight?Did I not start to look all over London for a new wife? Just like the poet Gun iyo Baar eeg did I not look up and down on each woman to learn here charachter and style? Am I not now happy and alone? Did I not stop looking for love? Surely life is a lesson and I have learned alot in my time in London.

Let me not let the poem drag on I will bring it to an end, Five life events, Five woman and Fiften thousand Uk pounds later, have I not Favouravly Fluently and with Finess told you my lives story? Indeed I have flied across the world let me ones rest and ride my Faras in the plains of faaf!

that was my try Now you try one poem kiddo!

Hibo   

walaal waan ku salaamay marka hore,

waxaan mooday halkaan markaan soo galaayay in aad soomaali ku gabeyeysid

waan soo jecladayoo Englishki baan ka dalay markaan soo galana English lee iga hor imadaay away Gabayada soomaaliga aad ku qori rabtay?

aniga ma aqaan gabay

mana tirin waligeey

bad hadeer aan isku dayo mid jaceyl.

'SAHANKII JACEELKA'

Waxaan iraahdo jaceel ma arag oo dad badan ila yabaan anigo dadaan jira oo aan horey jaceel u yeelan in badan waxaan raadshey jaceel oo sahan u raacay waxaan arko dad badan sheeko waydaar saney garan wayey jaceelka macna hiisa waxaan sahan u ahaado waxaan heley qof nafteyda iyo niyadeyda iyo laabteyda deeqay waxaan u faray wadnahayga, laabteyda iyo qalbigeyga waxaan ahaa qof dacad ah marnaba kama gaabin runta oo waxaan aheeyn afkeyga waaba soo qaban wayey. koleey jaceyl waa mid aduunku isku raceen u jira bal hadaba soomaliyey maxaa ka qabtaan midaan?

hala ila yaabin waa walashiin oo rabta gaba jacayl in ay barato,

Kamila

Kamila   

Looooooooooooooooool JamaaL-11 haye saan maa la isku ma ogeene adiga meel kasta oo ka mid ah page ma tagtaa yaah Jamaal??

sida Kale I'm ok.

anyways halagu arko ayaan taan waa dhuntee

bye