Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Getting shots before departing to arab countries

N.O.R.F   

UAE is a really beautiful country and people are quite friendly

really :confused:

It is only beautiful in terms of the development going on ie an arab country thats near enough developed in comparison to EU/USA, and the people are ruder than Londoners :eek:

i think your question on injections has been answered

Arawella   

When I said UAE is a beautiful country, I was not only referring to its amazing architecture. The fact that it is an Islamic country where you hear Aadan, eat halal fresh food, zero crime rate, be able to wear Muslim attire without been discriminated by your fellow citizens.

I have never experienced any ill remarks during my stays and I am boggled that you should compare UAE to America, a Christian country that is teeming with criminals and racist thugs.

If UAE citizens were impolite to you sir, which I highly doubt, then you only have yourself to blame.

Modesty do not let Notherner deter you from travelling.

Laba-X   

Fathia, extolling the virtues of these fat-bellied Arabs wont get you a passport. Whether youare forever singing their praises or slandering them, in their eyes you are still a Khaal or Muxtariq. You still will be considered inferior to them just like those poor Indians and Pakistanis labelled as Rafiiqs.

Originally posted by Fathia:

When I said UAE is a beautiful country, I was not only referring to its amazing architecture. The fact that it is an Islamic country where you hear Aadan, eat halal fresh food, zero crime rate, be able to wear Muslim attire without been discriminated by your fellow citizens.

When did u become part of 'listening' to the Aadan Fathia..You are the one doubting if 'Ginger beer' is outlawed in Islam or not

Originally posted by Daanyeer:

The Flipflop markuu iswaalwaali jirey aa bilaabay. Somebody give him
Caano Qandhac
and put him in bed and tuck him in. Hadduu seexan waayona iisoo yeer.

So you know.. :D:D

Arawella   

Raganimo

1.Arabs are no more fat-bellied than Somali

2.Our prophet (PBUH) and many great men who fought for Islam were Arabs

3.Racism is found everywhere, I believe more so in the West

4.I am quite content with my current passport and I have no desire in acquiring another except a Somali passport

Mr Flipmode

I still stand by my initial statement: Ginger beer is not an ALCOHOLIC drink. I suggest that you drink it, it’s so addictive.

Haashim   

My only advice to you is don't fly wiuth Qatar Airways, take Emirates or any other Airline but don't take "It's upt 2 u Airwys".

Enjoy Suuqul dahab and don't compare your currencty to UAE Dirhams :eek:

Originally posted by muraad:

My only advice to you is don't fly wiuth Qatar Airways, take Emirates or any other Airline but don't take "It's upt 2 u Airwys"

Muraad, widaaygiis, wali "jihaadkaaga" against Qatar Airways ma dhamaan yaah, LoL. Waraa noo sheeg nooh, maxee kugu sameeyeen, saan si kale waaye yaaqeey. Laakiin waxaa ku weydiiye xaa ku raacsiiye diyaaradooda markii horeba, ma Dooxa aa u socotay? Soomaalida badankooda Imaaraadka iyo Sacuudi Carabiyaan Airlines ee raacaan, marmarna Gulf Air.

Arawella   

How bizarre! :confused:

I flew with Qatar airways whenever visiting UAE and I have received excellent service at all time. Am I a complacent person since my paradigms of UAE and QA differ from certain individuals?

N.O.R.F   

Fathia

Your view on Dubai's architecture is different to mine. I dont consider stacking them high as 'good architecture' apart from a few buildings.

I am boggled that you should compare UAE to America, a Christian country

I was shopping in the malls dotted around Dubai last week. Christmas trees, jingle bells, fake snow, santa clause with kids, christmas sale the whole works. Not one sign or even a mention about Eid al Adha coming up. We were shopping for Eid whilst 90% of the others were shopping for christmas :rolleyes: In my whole 4 days in Dubai i hardly saw any arabs :confused:

Dubai is simply another western hang out, many americans/brits and russians and many empty mosques. Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Sharjah are better if you want to experience a little arab-ness. The UAE is more than just Dubai!

North, I don’t understand where your disdain is coming from. Large parts of the population (workers) in Dubai are Christians – mainly Asians too… not all Americans/Brits as you alluded to. So why not? I know it’s a Muslim country but does that mean minority celebrations should be banned and people deprived of their holiday celebrations? – like in the KSA where the ‘Muttawa’ see to it that not a single piece of decoration is even found in the shops (its perfectly awright the rest of the year!).. let alone a public recognition of the holiday.

Haashim   

Muraad, widaaygiis, wali "jihaadkaaga" against Qatar Airways ma dhamaan yaah, LoL.

MMA Jihaadkayga w3aa soconaa wuxuuna u gudbaa the TINY and THUMP liked state and ts institutions like AL-JAZEERA.

Waxyaabao badan ayaan soo wata oo EVIDENCES wata, dawladaas yarta ah waxaan raba inaan hilfaha u qaado haddii kale way iska kay aamusinaysaa :D ,

Unilke SOL oo wax yar isdka qaadanaysa aniga wax yar kuma tegayo JUG wayanayaan rabaa nooh ;) , coz waxaan hayaa FARO badan. :eek:

N.O.R.F   

CL

Your right there are also many Asian workers there who celebrate Divali and not chrismas. The shops in the malls do not cater for them its all aimed at the westerners.

I know it’s a Muslim country but does that mean minority celebrations should be banned and people deprived of their holiday celebrations?

Celebrations should be kept in their homes and churches and not blatently flauted infront of Muslims.

CL, is it ok for Chrismas decorations in shopping malls in lieu of Eid deco? That just shows how much we are trying to please the westerners and get them to buy homes/work/live in the UAE.