Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Getting shots before departing to arab countries

Modesty   

Salaam,

I was wondering, if a person from North America is planning to depart to arab countries like UAE, do they need you to have certain shots, or tests for HIV? Thanks.

Arawella   

I went to UAE few times and it wasn't necessary to be vaccinated. The UAE is a very well developed country; hence you do not need to worry about diseases found in third world countries. Still I would advise to drink bottle water as to tap water.

Arawella   

Yeb, you'll need quite few shots and tablets. It is quite daunting you know, I mean UAE is only couple of hours away from Djibouti. Take malaria tablets before your trip. Since you are taking a longhaul flight take an aspirin at least 3 hrs before your flight (check with your doctor/chemist first) and buy flight sock just to avoid blood cloth.

UAE is a really beautiful country and people are quite friendly, try visiting the Sukh Daab, there so many Somali people from all over the world. If you have time go and see the Burj Arab, Jumeirah beach and even go for a desert trip where you'll spend the night in a bedouin tent. Whatever you decide, I hope you a great time. smile.gif

Fathia,You seem well travelled or perhaps you are in the travel industry.

You made me wanna go to UAE,which i have never ever thought off.

Modesty,the US dept has lots of info,you may wanna check that. We dont want you coming back with Bilharzia,elephantiasis, trypanosomiasis & chronic cholera. I dont want u saying 'Castro & Fathia adviced me' ;)

Have a safe trip.

Happy Kwanzaa my people

Modesty   

fathia

If you have time go and see the Burj Arab,

I heard it's such a beautiful hotel, I definately have to go see that..or sleep there!~ :D

Afrosomali

Modesty,the US dept has lots of info,you may wanna check that. We dont want you coming back with Bilharzia,elephantiasis, trypanosomiasis & chronic cholera. I dont want u saying 'Castro & Fathia adviced me'

I never heard of those things and don't want to get them :D

Qaldaan   

What on earth are you referring to Flipmode?? Are you stating that Somali are more infected with the desease AIDS or that we are more helpful? :confused:

^^^^Infected...I have seen a couple of people suffering from it.So don't trust anyone anymore..

Honeeeeeeeey...more Honeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyy...more problemos

Arawella   

Honestly you are becoming loco by the minute Flipmode.

Somali leading the pack? Do you count yourself as one of the infected? Why are you so harsh on Somali. In fact I have only heard and seen one infected Somali person (only on national TV) and he was a man not much of a surprise there. Perhaps if Somali men stopped sleeping with prostitutes/ having multi partners we wouldn't be leading the pack as you nicely put it.

Castro   

^ Flip has insider information dear. Otherwise, he'd provide the statistical source to his "leading the pack" assertion. ;)

Maf Kees   

The Flipflop markuu iswaalwaali jirey aa bilaabay. Somebody give him Caano Qandhac and put him in bed and tuck him in. Hadduu seexan waayona iisoo yeer.