Holac

Big Scandal is brewing - Pandora Papers leak exposes world leaders with offshore accounts.

Holac   

Kenya's Uhuru and his family are hiding millions in offshore accounts. Somalia is also shown but I didn't get individual names because the database is still being sorted by ICIJ.  More is coming out. 

International Consortium of Investigative Journalists - ICIJ

PROJECTS.ICIJ.ORG

galbeedi   

During the Panama Papers, the only Somali who put his money on off shore banks was C/rahman Booreh of Djibouti.

He had a long legal litigation against Omar Geelle and he had  almost $90 million dollar just in case if doesn't win the case.

I bet there could be Somalis who have off shore banks. Mostly Al Barakaat and Dahabshiil. They are not that sophisticated to go all the way to Caribbean islands, but some where in Dubai. My God these guys owe millions of tax dollars for 25 years.

Who dare to ask to open their books? no one.

Abdi90   
5 hours ago, galbeedi said:

During the Panama Papers, the only Somali who put his money on off shore banks was C/rahman Booreh of Djibouti.

He had a long legal litigation against Omar Geelle and he had  almost $90 million dollar just in case if doesn't win the case.

I bet there could be Somalis who have off shore banks. Mostly Al Barakaat and Dahabshiil. They are not that sophisticated to go all the way to Caribbean islands, but some where in Dubai. My God these guys owe millions of tax dollars for 25 years.

Who dare to ask to open their books? no one.

Why would Brakat(now Salama bank) and Dahabshiil need off shore banks? they are themselves by definition "off shore" banks 😎 even al-shabab have accounts there. Im saying this as some one who have worked many years in hawala business, i have seen many somalis in the west using this banks to stash there untaxed/under-the-table money (cab drivers, business owners, non profit org etc). If somalia was a stable and developed nation even the non somalis would have used there to to stash/hide their money.

Abdi90   

You all have to know one thing many of this dictators/authoritarian leadership (Putin, lham Aliyev, king abdullah etc) are not stashing money in this off shores bank to hide from their country/government out of fear, they can and have already stashed far more in their own country with zero accountability. Most of this dictators are doing this as plan B, as they know if they are one day kicked out everything in his country will be confiscated from him, the only thing they can count on is what is outside the country

On 10/5/2021 at 3:14 AM, Abdi90 said:

Why would Brakat(now Salama bank) and Dahabshiil need off shore banks? they are themselves by definition "off shore" banks 😎 even al-shabab have accounts there. Im saying this as some one who have worked many years in hawala business, i have seen many somalis in the west using this banks to stash there untaxed/under-the-table money (cab drivers, business owners, non profit org etc). If somalia was a stable and developed nation even the non somalis would have used there to to stash/hide their money.

Then xawaalidihii like BarakaadDalsan, Qaran, et al, happen when these aforementioned people suddenly lose their tens of thousands dollars of lifesavings.