Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Rare pictures of Mohamed Mooge

Poker   

ILAAHAY naxariistii jano haka waraabiyo TRUE LEGEND he was.

ADNA MAXAMED MOOGOW

AAKHIRO HALAKY TAHAY

CABDI QAYSBA WAYDII

Maxaa aakhiro qof qiimo leh ku maqan.

Poker   

JB and Suld

How come there are no videos of Mah'd Mooge? I always wonder that.

I can't believe So-called Somalis shot that man point blank.

Abwaan   

Originally posted by Poker:

JB and Suld

lol...so called...........Did Somalis shoot him...I remember he died when he was taking part of the armed resistent against the military rule back in 80s...I know dhimasho is dhimasho but I just wonder how he died...was he fighting against the Somali army?

AUN he was a legend indeed...! Some1 who knew xaaladda waddanku ku jirey ee aan Maddaale Noolow maddaaloow qaadeyn everyday while dalkii la sii burburinayo...unlike Egal and Sangub whom I once saw a clip where Egal was actually wearing an army uniform singing while Hargeysa was destroyed and the civilians either fled, wounded or killed. And I am sure Riyale and others who now dadka ku maaweeliya Soomaaliya ayaa na xumaysay were part of the very same men who destroyed the north but sadly that cannot be seen by many just because they want to blame the south for all the suffering.

Abtigiis   

Mohamed Moge is the best Somali singer of all time and was a revolutionary fighter. I don't think anyone surpassed him yet. I have the honour of announcing that I saw him blood and flesh in our own house for several times, where he used to chew qat with my father. That is when he was in the SNM. I remember he used to bring lots of Cassettes with him. Tall and graceful, he is hard to forget.

Unfortunately, he was killed by an ignorant member of my clan, his name is called Kabiye, who was a dilaal in the livestock market. He was among a group of clansmen who ambushed a convey of top SNM officials between Aware and Dhagaxbuur. A man by the name Adan ( i think he was top in the SNM) and 13 others were killed at the same place.

But Mohamed Moge was wounded a day before in the small town of Aware, by another official from the SNM whom he disagreed with on some issues I don't know. The convoy ambushged was transporting him to Degahbour for a better treatment.

The group who killed the team said they were avenging the killing of few of theirn own around Rabasso by the SNM. Others say they were hired by Siyad Barre.

A&T,

You are partly correct. The men who assassinated Mooge were from your tribe and in fact were members of the WSLF/ONLF but trained and financed by the Siyad Barre's Secret Services (NSS). There were no 13 people or anything close to that number. They were just 5 of them in a pickup track (Xaaji Khamsiin). They were going from Awaare to Jigjiga.

And there is no account of him having a pre-existing wound - atleast not from gun shot - prior to his assassination.

In fact, eventhough he copped several direct close hits on the body when the WSLF members hit, he remained alive and even kept chatting with his mates (maybe waa lagu macaaneeya sheekada - but point is he was still alive) until he died for lack of blood.

The same tacktics were later used when SNM Chairman Cabdiqadir Koosaar was assassinated in Mustaxiil and SNM commando Col. Sumuni was assassinated in Jigjiga. Also Abwaan Cabdi Iidan was gunned down in Hargeisa by a member from your tribe.

Originally posted by Poker:

JB and Suld

sad isn't it. I don't know why but one thing I am sure is partly to blame is our society which is an "oral based". We are not the best of people to make a use of technology specialy when it comes to keeping a record of our history. Even today, we don't have recorded/written history about our still living important indivituals.