Sign in to follow this  
Socod_badne

Stop my abortion!

Ok this is just sad. I am seriously wishing that no one pays this women. And that she has a complication that injuries her and leaves her incapable of having children or sex in the future.

I know most somalis dare never to discuss abortion topics, but I was watching a news clip on tv a little while back (which reminded me of this title when I just read it) and it was reporting how women of america, some sort of non profit organization was arguining against the latest FDA approval of the morning after pill.(Food and Drug administration)

They were arguining about how the U.S government were soon going to approve or close to approving "morning after pills" and how it would be available behind every drugstore's counter.

These women raised a good point, saying this is the government's way of saying its ok to have sex and get away with the consequences by killing an unborn fetus, then they went to discuss it further talking same old debates, questioning the morals...right or wrong etc.

As somalis, we no longer can say, ok abortion, pregnancy, nothing to do with our communities all around, we are actually faced with these types of cases everyday. Those that are lucky are married off before half the town finds out and the unlucky bunch are just faced with living in shame with their child for the rest of their lives.

I, on one hand feel this morning after pill can be useful to women , especially somali women who are faced with these situations.

I'm not saying every halimo who goes and sleeps with liban who she was dating just a week ago ought to go and take it right after liban convinces her of doing the nasty, but in circumstances that are beyond xalimo's control, I feel that she should know that the pill is out there as a last option(keeping in mind on how the pill might affect her, and just educate her on the danger of this pill and how a woman can only take it once in her life), but that xalimo ought to know she can't have it everytime she goes and gets pleasure, but the question now would be who will decide when someone needs these pills?

I feel that these somali girls who might not know better are lost out there, they end up getting pregnant, and some don't even have the guts to think of abortion much less a morning after pill, and this pill just might be that 1st step, that way it doesn't escalate to her finding out weeks later that yes Ali did indeed have his boys cross over the border and now is officially swimming in the atlantic ocean. I still feel these morning after pills should be given by doctors or clinics all around and not be made so easily available behind drugstore counters. This way a health expert can explain to these girls that yes it is dangerous but it could also help. FDA has a point, if they do indeed leave it as it and only have the clinics, or family physician giving out these pills, then more girls are likely to say, no way am I making an appointment with my doctor or going over to a clinic, its too much hassle, but with drugstore, its easy, they are able to walk right over and pick it up.

I can honestly look at both cases, the government's side and the religious fanatics and say they make a good argument, but at the end of the day, its neither one's decision except that of the women...

I'm not by all means saying its ok for young women to go out and have pre-marital sex, Im just saying these women ought to know the options available to them.

In conclusion, I'm only for terminating pregnancy if the woman in question is faced with a situation that she has no control over it...i.e rape

Secondly, I feel the morning after pill should be made public but with limits.

lazy.....How about asking Faraax just to wrap it up. That way no pregnancy, or STDs. Assigning all the responsiblities to the womenfolk isn't very helpful in the long run. These women need to be taught to stand up for themselves.

Layzie,

The morning after pill doesn't terminate a pregnancy ; it just prevents the egg from being released by the ovaries and being fertilized. So technically, it's not an abortion but rather a contraceptive.

^ As I thought.

(keeping in mind on how the pill might affect her, and just educate her on the danger of this pill and how a woman can only take it once in her life)

Layzie, where did you read that a woman can only take it once in her lifetime?

SB, thats one SICK blog.

Sweetie, the pill isn't a vitamin that you can keep on taking. A reliable source told me that once u take it you would regret it all. Again, you can take it all you want, but its not recommend since it isnt an aspirin or a vitamin...thats what I meant by can only take it once for her to see the light at the end of the tunnel...

Layzie, of course it isnt a vitamin. I thought you were giving us facts here, not information from dodgy sources.

There is nothing to specify the number of times a woman can take it. However, it cannot be used as a regular contraceptive. Thats more closer to facts.

ElPunto   

If this woman is bright - she will also post another blog asking money for the abortion so that her future child is saved from such 'ills' as growing up without a father, poverty, lack of good education etc.

Castro   

Originally posted by -Serenity-:
Layzie
, of course it isnt a vitamin. I thought you were giving us facts here, not information from dodgy sources.

She said "reliable" not dodgy. Can you read?