Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

No country for old men......A great movie

2.jpg

I was suprised by this film, the title and the previous did not excite me much, even though I have enjoyed the Coen brothers previous movies, Fargo and Brother where art though, I did not think this film would be any good.

Was I wrong? This was the best flick I have seen in ages, the action, the dialogue and the filmatography were all great..

Anton Chigurh was a fright, the no 1 baddie in movies history.....

Anyone read the book?

Kool_Kat   

Exem Exem, ma soo dhuntay maanta inadeer? :D

Oh and as for the movie, I haven't seen it yet, but have been hearing good things about it...Definately will check it soon...

KK waan kaa shakieyee Koolkat ma qaarajin rabtaa. balaayo mindi dheer. i dhaaf rubada ha i darine waanba kaa baqay hadee.Anigoo konbutarkayga gadaashiis fadhiyaanba wadnaha i taq taq leeyahee.

Sorry Gen.Duke. Ma rabin inaan kaa hijack gareeyo threadkee.

Kool_Kat   

General, soo dhowoow hee...I hope you stick around this corner for a bit longer than just a vacation... :D

Abwaan, maya maya koofid ma'aha, safaleeti waaye...Kacabso!!!

UMU, fulaynimo lee iga dheh...Naakuma taabanaayiyee meeshaada tartiib u fadhi, dhugdhug iyo tiq tiq aaba ka bixi weysee...Sakiinlee markaa igu aragtid lee lafahaaga u baq... :D:D

Miriam1   

I loved this movie.. for the sake of the begining, the middle...but seriously what the HECK was up with the ending...that monologue by old sherif...was pointless. It was easier to understand that long complicated speech in the Matrix Reloaded. I know that it had some significance but the delivery was emotionless and mundane...there was no weight put on it..and then the movie ends...

Um no I haven't read the book, but I am planning on picking it up hoping it sheds more light than the movie did. The author is exceptional though, I read his latest book "the road" and it was amazing one of the best books that I have read recently, I am tempted to compare it to the "Invisible Man" terms of goodness, but it have that duality of provoking thought and emotion like the "Invisible Man".

Thierry.   

This is a wicked movie I enjoyed it big time

Anton Chigurh is the man scariest movie bad guy I have seen in years, the man has a bright future in Hollywood.

My favourite seen is the coin toss in the store

I'm now convinced there is something wrong.

I have been hearing good thins about this movie for a while now.............. when i finally got to see it.

I came out scratching my head, it wasn't the worst movie i have seen, but close to it. absolutely no sense the monologue at the beginning ?? the terrible ending ??

I dont get it, but it seems some do hmmmmmm

Faheema.   

It's one of those films you either love it or hate it....it throws you off a bit, like the scene where the guy with the money is one minute talking to the lady by the pool and the next he's dead and you think..wait wasn't he one of the main characters? lol

Great movie but a disappointing ending.

Miriam1   

^ It is worth watching really, but don't expect too much.

Glad to see I am not the only one who didn't get the ending, i just think it was bad execution it could have been better, such a very good plot...for those who watched it don't you think the Sherif was a bit old..not sure what's his name is now. But Viggo Morteson..would have been better in it.

Faheema.   

Originally posted by Nephthys:

^ :mad: , no point seeing it now, is there?

lol, there is a lot more to it than that. It's not your average predictable movie, so I haven't completely ruined it for you smile.gif

Another great movie with a gripping plot that I would recommend is 3:10 to Yuma