Sign in to follow this  
Fouzia_Bella

skin lightening

J.Lee   

I smell, from the above post, the nauseating stench of conceit; Seriously, Mansha'allah abaayo, I feel you, It's truly hard to be beautiful, so much competition these days ma is tidhi?

Anyway

One day while I was in line at the Mall with a cousin of mine readying myself to buy beauty products and such: And as the line thinned-consequently, getting closer to the cashier stand- I noticed this Asian lady who was so petite in size I felt like a hulking giant in comparison; what caught my however was not her lack of length but rather her unbelievable skin. It was so smooth and translucent my fingers positively itched to skim its surface

At first I thought she must be wearing make-up but as my stunned mind thought it over, I decided no chemist would think to make a product, which could produce such results, so politely after I offered my pleasantries and apologized for my inquisitive nature, I asked her what her skin-care regimen consisted off, she told me that she started using anti-wrinkle creams as soon as she turned 20 and hasn't stopped since, I thanked her and from that day on I became obsessed with skin care, vowing to preserve my resilient skin of youth way beyond the depressing bouts of old age; I think of it as an investment after all as stated earlier, your face- and sharaf irrelevant as it is- serve as a passport to society guaranteeing either acceptance or ostracism.

Excuse me for going off on a tangent, laakiinse don't abuse your skin: value health over beauty for beauty, like the rising sun, is bound the disappear once it reaches its destined horizon.

On that note, I recommend the usage of; Cleansers and purifiers daily; Masques, 2x a week, and Baby Oil instead of Moisturizers.

Yeniceri   

I know some girls who were darker than me in 2003 but can be classified as "ligh-skinned" today. What did it change? I know they didn't use skin enhancement creams for health reasons. But it does speak loudly of their low self-esteem.

P.S. I never quite understood why some women try so hard to remain young and pretty, while they know the inevitability of aging, and that some day they'll all be haggy and ugly.

Castro   

Originally posted by Yeniceri:

P.S. I never quite understood why
some
women try so hard to remain young and pretty, while they know the inevitability of aging, and that some day they'll all be haggy and ugly.

It is probably for the same lame reasons why men (of all ages) would transplant hair, wear a ridiculous toupees or even spray dark paint on their heads. It's called vanity atheer and women do not have a monopoly on it. I've seen men walk in the wind only to have a 4-inch wave of hair stand on their head from that cheap toupee they're wearing. It's not that people don't know they're bald, it's that they themselves have difficulty believing they've grown bald. And that's just one example.

Yeniceri   

^^

LOL That I don't understand either. If you bald, live with it. Some people are born poor, blind, deaf or disabled, yet others, who have been blessed with their lixdooda-lixaad, are not content with their image or lifestyle. That is the issue at heart here. But I never said women had a "monopoly," as you put it, over such behavior.