Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Back to the Country

whats up with rural romanticism. put your money where your mouth is adam zeyla. are you really willing to give up your western comforts to live in merka?

i think not.

Hargeisa

5139221509_e54408b6ab_z.jpg

5141153382_a958534dff_z.jpg

5126369879_39850064ac_z.jpg

5092982093_1102bac005_z.jpg

''the old and the new''

Chimera   

Originally posted by Alpha Blondy:

whats up with rural romanticism.

What?

put your money where your mouth is adam zeyla.

I will, i'm still young with a grand plan.

are you really willing to give up your western comforts to live in merka?

Marx, what Western comforts?, and how do you know that I would settle in Merka instead of say; Garowe or Hargeisa?

i think not.

Tsk, tsk.

mate, instead of quoting what i wrote! answer the question: when are you going to leave your lofty suburban cul-de-sac and come here in the Somali peninsula (merka, bosasso, garowe or hargeisa).

we have too often seen your type. if you say your young, isnt the best plan to gain experience now, or are you looking to be chosen in the hotel lobby in addis and be parachuted by a b-52 bomber to merka?

you're just an internet freak with nostalgia somaha?

Chimera   

Umm..Marx, i'm very proud of you that you have returned, and find your scrutiny refreshing (though amusing), but truth be told; I intend to make a larger impact than just being a teacher or providing work for a maid(no disrespect intended, very honorable of you sxb), i.e; I want to educate atleast 30,000 kids, built a health facility here and there etc, etc. For that I need major capital, hence my plan.

Though if my money making projects don't work out, I will have to 'make do' with something smaller back home.

Thanks for the links, and I agree!

Blessed   

^That's impressive, Masha Allah. I know people who've done similar projects, I guess it needs money and determination. Don't knock small contributions, though. Everyone starts somewhere.

Waar Marx-ow, Illahay baan ku daarshee magacan qalafsan iska dhig. Alpha blondy ku lahaa. Innaa Lillaah.

Polanyi   

Originally posted by Chimera:

quote:Originally posted by Polanyi:

Truth be told, for most of you/us, our kids we will give birth to children in the west . Returning home is a myth that all immigrant communities subscribe to, but only a few ever do.

In the Somali situation, the above is non-applicable, there has been conflict continuesly since they arrived in those host countries. Many however have in recent years returned to places like Puntland and Somaliland to live, invest etc.
Of coursE it is applicable. The Somalis who have returned are only a small minority. The vast majority have children who are giving birth to other qurbo kids.

RaMpAgE   

The future is back home. The reality is if we as a people don't take the initiative, then we will be stuck in the west as taxi drivers and factory workers. Yes, their will be many problems along the way, but it is already occurring in many communities around Somali peninsula, such as new schools and medical facilities been built since the civil war.

Thus the future is bright.

Showqi   

Waar Marx-ow, Illahay baan ku daarshee magacan qalafsan iska dhig. Alpha blondy ku lahaa. Innaa Lillaah.

Marx, saddexdan magac bal mid ka dooro:

Waali-Cas

Jarkabood

Jirjiroole

PS bal adiguna 3 magac anniga ii soo bixi,,, :D

but truth be told; I intend to make a larger impact than
just being a teacher
or providing work for a maid(no disrespect intended, very honorable of you sxb), i.e; I want to educate atleast 30,000 kids, built a health facility here and there etc, etc. For that I need major capital, hence my plan.

foolish adam. its only a foolish man who plans and plots to realise he has spent a lifetime planning.

its very presumptuous of you to undermine teachers. what is the better than to pass and exchange knowledge?

Originally posted by *Blessed:

Alpha Blondy is an Ivorian roots musician. I bet you didnt know that! icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Showqi:

quote:Waar Marx-ow, Illahay baan ku daarshee magacan qalafsan iska dhig. Alpha blondy ku lahaa. Innaa Lillaah.

Marx, saddexdan magac bal mid ka dooro:

Waali-Cas

Jarkabood

Jirjiroole

PS bal adiguna 3 magac anniga ii soo bixi,,,
:Ddanyeer

dooqan

dameer

:D

Chimera   

Marx bro:

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible. - T.E. Lawrence

Marx bro:

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
-
T.E. Lawrence

who is dreaming? the nostalgia prone fantasist or the one acting out the dream. :D