Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

Inspiration to us all —Did you know?

Sophist   

Did you know that the vice-president of Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment is a Somali man?

Did you know that Director and member of the investment committee to Glenwood Capital Investments is a Somali

Did you also know that Tokyo and Tullip managing partner is a Somali?

I thought I should share this with you. I just came across the Morgan Stanley man today and actually spoke to him—we share the Surname. It was refreshing to speak to a top dog in this industry who is our brethren and was extremely pleasant to speak to.

Dadaalaa Xaaji Jaamac Waa Garaa—he who tries surpasses his potential.

Whilst this does not educe in me the sentiment of inspiration in the least, I suppose, still, that some persons can be inspired by such; different strokes for different folks.

With Salaams

PK

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Hey pass me the name and # and maybe I can sweet talk him but i also need his first 3 names and where he grew up (gotta do my background check on the Morgan Stanely brother ;) )

But on a more serious note....

Its always good to see a muslim succeed in dunya but it usually happens at a certain price and detriment to their soul and akhira.

Anytime I have seen a successful muslim businessperson whether they are Somali, Arab, Bakistani etc.,the same traits usually exist in them. What traits u might ask? Well you will have to observe that for yourself inshallah because it is usually the opposite traits of a mumin (frankness, gentleness, sincerity etc.).

Its hard to find a pious, successful in the dunya, Muslim (Somali or no Somali!)

Its true what the hadith says about you can't have both worlds (Dunya and Akhira). If you succeed for your dunya, then you jeopardize your akhira and if u give your life for the akhira, then you risk jeopardizing your dunya.

Note: This is not meant to 'Hate' on anyones 'mobility' in the work world!!!

Fi Amaniallah

all the status but can these faraaxs sohoy xalimo!! lololo..! it takes a real faxaax to accomplish that!!

i might be poor! but hey, i am living large!!

:confused: :confused:

Sophist   

Mutakalim, sorry mate, I have yet to meet personally a Somali Mutakalim in a esteemed Kalaam institution.

Rudy, brother what are you on?

N.O.R.F   

Rudy:

all the status but can these faraaxs sohoy xalimo!! lololo..! it takes a real faxaax to accomplish that!!

i might be poor! but hey, i am living large!!

looooolkkkkkkk :D:D

Can one be ispired by one's own accomplishments? Considering the age of these guys you mentioned (likely to be 40+) it would be interesting to know at what level they were in their mid 20s.

Sophist, so whats this alternative investment about?