Sign in to follow this  
Caano Geel

Saudi King Tries to Grow Modern Ideas in the Desert

caamir, i understand agree with on the contextualisation of information, and of course they are biased, after all, they have interests to serve.

- thanks

ElPunto   

Interesting article. This is ultimately about the rather strange and twisted Saudi culture and not Islam. If Saudi students goes to this institution then whatever ideas are taught and discussed will filter out into the broader society. Man - it must be nice to be able to simply appropriate 12 billion for your own pet project.

NASSIR   

You wlc Caano Geel.

Thepoint, I think we in the diapora have a great opportunity to make things happen back at home and we should be prepared to accept the task and not balk from insecurities born by the circumstances. While Saudi Arabia has the money to invest in such projects, we Somalis can invest in our country with our human resources to reverse the brain drain and its long-term effects. We often wonder why Somalia can't get back to its own feet but who is to help when the bulk of our educated folks have never helped their homeland. I have seen many retirees embarassed by the notion. I hope we won't be like them, spending the rest of our lives contributing to the development and economic growth of another country.