London: Charity Fundraising Event for Orphans

Ibtisam   

Time: 4:00pm - 8:00pm

Date: Saturday, 5th June, 2010

Place: Kentish Town Community Centre

17 Busby Place, London NW5 2SP

020 7482 3212

London, United Kingdom

• £45.00 per person - TICKETS ARE LIMITED THEREFORE PAYMENT IN ADVANCE IS A MUST.

Event Schedule

Arrival & Registration: 3:30pm – 4:00pm

Introduction: 4:00pm – 4:15pm

Dinner: 4:30pm – 5:00pm

Entertainment: 5:15pm – 5:45pm (comdey by Nabil Abdulrashid and Poets)

NorMode Fashion Show: 5:45pm – 6:45pm

Auction/Raffle: 6:45pm – 7:15pm

Wrap up: 7:15pm – 7:30pm

Please note: No Entry after 4:30pm and your ticket will NOT be refunded.

To purchase your ticket please contact...

• Sucad/ Zahra: 07525 867 983

Somali Centre for Education and Development; commonly known as SOCED

Mission Statement

The SOCED fights to alleviate child poverty, hunger, and illiteracy throughout Somaliland. SOCED focuses on helping impoverished and orphaned children and their caregivers attain, and maintain, a better quality of life through education, vocational training, orphan sponsorship and self-enablement programs.

Objectives

• Improve the quality of living among impoverished and orphaned children; regardless of status, tribe, age, sex or location, all over Somaliland through education, skills training and orphan sponsorship.

• Ensure that all disadvantaged and orphaned children, whether in the urban or rural areas have an equal opportunity to complete an education.

• Provide equal opportunities to impoverished and orphaned children, through vocational skills training, the ability to obtain employment or become self employed through a micro loan program.

• Ensure that all impoverished and orphaned children have access to affordable medical care.

• Empower orphan children caregivers with basic literacy and vocational skills; paving the way to self sufficiency.

Values

• The belief that all children are equal, and have an equal right to basic human necessities; including quality education. The belief that a ‘hand up’ is much more beneficial than a ‘hand out’.

• Providing support that will have long-term positive effects on the communities, and society at large.

• Implementing projects according to the needs of the communities, not the needs of SOCED.

Juxa   

Orphanka intee joogaan?

ps: anigu xoogayga baan sadaqeysan, so i will be serving the food

Ibtisam   

^^No, I want you to dig deep into those white peoples pockets please, lacgat ka so saar. a nice cheque baan raaba, Faheema will wear a suit and come and meet the old lady. redface.gif

The center is in Hargisa.

Juxa   

i had a feeling the lady liked your fast answers but faheema would do.

of course we must shaqshaq them, the usual rules apply

Ibtisam   

^^^I dont care, if they pay I will sing their song. Faheema is formal and faster, she will get more than me.

Juxa   

i will email you dhinaca kale then you can fill me in

ps: do i get to model? i was told in my youth inaan ahaa qof isku dhacaysa

Ibtisam   

Juxa I need models, baal ta laftedid shaqo ka qabo please. I want girls so beautiful that people will bid for entrance and I can charge up to £500 redface.gif:(redface.gif Hahaha and of course you are one of them!

Karls words iska illow, even if you dont attend you can contribute (not words) icon_razz.gif

Ibtisam   

^^Yes, allah ha ku taayo, I forgot about that. I need the leaflets on waji book printed. Will get cambaro to e-mail you copy by the end of the week.

^ Will you two stop trolling everywhere? SubxanAllah.

The event sounds like a fab idea and having been to Sucad's last two events, I can guarantee everyone that its going to be classy and a good evening out - so go people!

Ibs, do you know what the capacity of the place is? I dont know if I can or cannot make it yet, its probably a call I can make on the Thursday/Friday before the event and I dont want to be left out if it turns out I can make it.

Ibtisam   

~^^You I saw your wajibook message. smile.gif wlc back.

It is seating arrangement and the management is breathing down our neck about health and safety iyo numbers.

I will save you a spot for a fee :D

P.s. We are not trolling, we are planning the event! icon_razz.gif

Juxa   

hello serenity, our purpose in life is to troll but for this occassion is actually for a good cause.

consider your spot safe and grace us with your presence insha allah.

Polanyi   

Ibitsam, I'll try to donate something from my Job Seekers savings. icon_razz.gif

ps. you haven't given any details of this charity.