Sign in to follow this  
Coloow

A thought!

Coloow   

salaama, having being part of the ever increasing somalis who spend most of their days infront of computer screens the past years, I have concluded :

Most somalis assume: people who chat or take part in the various discussion forums are of a certain age group. It seems that there is a widespread notion that only people in their upper teens or lower twenties are part of the cyber society.

Am I wrong?

i seen married old men with the internet at home, so i guess we have a widespread of different ages coming online.

but since the majority of older somali ppl are I.T- illeterate, i would say that most of us in here, are in our late-teens late 20's

i think ppl in their 30's have great minds and opinions, but should quit flirting with young girls online!

I think the forum/chat users aren't over mid-30s..but I do think alot of older men especially..do use the internet but go to the BBC sites or puntland/somaliland websites...

I have a question? Why are all the Somali men I meet studying IT?

Coloow   

Silent sister, Flirting is a natural process on the internet. The same could apply to young women who flirt with adults.. what makes flirting an exclusive thing for teenagers?

Opinionated: A good observation! Could it depend on the IT boom? It is not only men who are attracted to the computer business: I have seen somali women who would say "KAMBIYUUTAR AYAAN BARTAA".

I think it has to do with the labour market mechanisms during the last ten years when the discourse was " we could perform everything by using the computer! we live in an information society! the new economy!" We could buy hamburgers, love, health, passion etc by using the computer"

The result: many people with degrees in computing but a few that have a job!

I am a computer illitrate. all I do with my computer is write, chat and access information.

i agree with you on this.

late teens to mid 20's . but the thing is, people in thier 20's out number the teens...look at the teens section, no one gives a F--- about. come to think about it, it ain't been long but i already miss my teens years };