Sign in to follow this  
Gediid

FGM......Who's to blame

Gediid...I get your point, I'm just tryna say that if this is obviously a problem, we shouldnt blame women or men. We should try to atleast make sure it doesn't happen in the future. Lucky you right girl, we should try to educate our people about this. But do you think they would listen to us? especially stubborn mothers?...Not sayin all are stubborn.

.:peace n luv:.

LuCkY   

E_B_N: I dont know girl but i bet once you drill it through their heads they would listen-not talking about physical force here. Yes, you right some mothers are stubborn and wont change...but if thats the case then i would suggest that we show them graphical images and highlight the dangerous that come along with FGM. Well if they truly care for the well being of their daughters than they would have no choice but to listen. I believe that we as people(community) have a long way to go before FGM and the likes of certain bad culture traits are out the window for good.

Faheema.   

Kaafi They used it as excuse to justify their actions.

If anything is to be blame, is Lack of knowledge in Diin.

Qac Qaac   

agree with u bro Shyma.

looking for some one to blame, well i say let's blame all of us. mothers, fathers, everyone. why i said, that, because it is our fault that we didn't go to schools and educate ourselves about the religion. what the religion actually says on this. the religion way of circustition is really different from fgm, fgm came from the pharoahs in Egypt, it was their practice. it is not Islam thing. when ppl say this is from Islam they just lying, or don't know.

so advice, learn the religion. see how islam says u should be doing it. ISLAM FREED WOMEN 14OO YRS AGO WHEN EUROPEAN DID NOT EVEN HAVE A WASHROOMS OR NEW HOW TO TAKE SHOWER, AND NOW THIS BECOMES A MUSLIM PROBLEM. ISLAM WOULD NOT ALLOW FGM TO CARRY ON. NO WAY IN HELL.

I agree with Ameenah.

95% of the blame is on the women. I don't understand the logic behind performing the same torture you went thru as a child on your daughters. There is something disturbingly sadistic about the whole practice.

The rest of the blame lies with the men. They could do a lot about getting rid of the practice if they wanted to. But it doesn't concern them, so they don't care. They prefer to stay mute and blind while their daughters are being mutilated. :mad:

The whole society sucks to tell ya the truth. I don't know how they can live with themselves markey caruurta qashaan. :(

Faheema.   

Originally posted by Qa'Qa':

agree with u bro Shyma.

Bro?? Take a look at the avator AGAIN plz.

Jaariyada weelka dhaqeysa ma arkeysid? Now that is a disrespect to my profession..lol :D

IGNORANCE IS TO BLAME.AS LONG AS PEOPLE DON'T READ AND LEARN FROM PAST MISTAKES AND UQESTION WHY FGM HAPPENS AND WHAT USE IS IT REALLY. JUST BECAUSE A GIRL IS CIRCUMCISED DOES NOT MEAN SHE WILL REFRAIN FROM SEXUAL ACTIVITY.AND YES IT DOES HAPPEN IN THIS DAY AND AGE IN WESTERN COUNTRIES AND THAT IS A FACT NOT AN OPINION

IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS PEOPLE,KNOWLEDGE IS THE REAL POWER.