Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

Brain scanner is a lie detector

Salma   

Liar Liar .. Brain on Fire LOOL

What happened to the Nose growing when saying lies (Mr.Pinocchio's Group) .. or people scratching their ears..or getting dry throat?! ehem ehem :D

Why inventing all these machines and wasting their time, efforts and money while they know very well that the Human is more intelligent than any Machine and the liers will know how to play their game well?

Thanx Totti

Salam

Viking   

I don't see this technology being widely used in the future as a lie detector. The problem with MRI is that anyone with a metallic implant, pacemaker etc. usually don't undergo the procedure because of the very strong magnetic field. Many patients also experience claustrophobia and this will cause a physiological reaction which will in turn have an effect on the results (since it isn't a diagnostic procedure). It is also quite costly (patients are referred to it as almost the last resort, when other procedures have been unsuccessful) and cannot be widely used the way the traditional polygraphy has been used.

Your wlcm Classique

Those are very interest observations Viking.

I do rember going to have a MRI Scan after suffering from some Knee problems when i was an athelet (those where the days :rolleyes: ) having to make sure any metalic objects where removed n i was asked if i had any metalic devices within, even teeth filling lol.

My interest in the article stems from the following.

The Noble Quran on the Cerebrum: Lying is generated from the person's forehead:

aqwas-ys.jpgNo! If he does not stop, We will take him by the naseyah (front of the head), a lying, sinful naseyah (front of the head)! aqwas-ym.jpg (Quran, 96:15-16)

ch1-1-d-img1.jpg

Figure 12:

Functional regions of the left hemisphere of the cerebral cortex. The prefrontal area is located at the front of the cerebral cortex. (Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology, Seeley and others, p. 210.)

I wanted to see how this new technique would help to establish further this scientific fact within the Quran.