Sign in to follow this  
chubacka

Dhul Hijja

chubacka   

salam all! smile.gif

Today was the 1st day of the blessed month Dhul Hijja which a blessed month and one in which rewards are of great measure..Try to keep fasts on these days leading to Eid and try to do more acts that are pleasing to Allah swt iA : )

The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said:

“There are no days on which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allaah than these ten days.”

They said: “Not even jihad for the sake of Allaah?”

He said: “Not even jihad for the sake of Allaah, unless a man goes out himself for jihad

taking his wealth with him and does not come back with anything.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari

As muslims we should start these days with sincere repentance to Allaah, then he should do a lot of righteous deeds in general, then he should pay attention to doing the following deeds:

1 – Fasting

It is Sunnah for the Muslim to fast on the first nine days of Dhu’l-Hijjah, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) encouraged us to do righteous deeds in the first ten days of Dhu’l-Hijjah, and fasting is one of the best of deeds, which Allaah has chosen for Himself as it says in the hadeeth qudsi: “Allaah says: ‘All the deeds of the son of Adam are for him, except fasting, which is for Me and I shall reward for it.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari

Best days of the yr, make the most of them by fasting and seeking repentence. Anyone up for the fasts? :cool:

NGONGE   

^^ Three days. Today is the third not the second.

الاربعـاء 03 ذو الحجـة 1428 هـ 12 ديسمبر

I didn't know this Chubacka. What a wonderful opportunity to pay back the debt from Ramadan. Of course, that's not how one should be thinking...

Salaama Alaykum,

What a useful thread ukhti, thank you for reminding me. Today the khatib was talking about Dhul-Hijjah and Carafah, masha'allah it was wonderful. smile.gif I think that's why I Friday is my fave day of the week (khutbahs). Anyway, InshaAllah I'll fast on the day of Carafah, I don't think that I'll be able to fast for Dhul-Hijjah. :(