Sign in to follow this  
PortraiT of a BrokeN SouL

Memories: How important are they ?

I've always wondered the importance/signifance of memories. Their purpose can be summarized towards the notion that they serve as a point of reference to a time long gone. But the question that remains is: how important are memories? After all, the average human retains all of his/her memories, whether good or bad.

Let's hear the general public's input!

mEMORIES.

Very important indeed.

How would you avoid the temptation of fire, if you couldnt rember that it burned you before.

How could you Go forward without rembering from your mistakes.

How could you rember how to Get home if you forgot your Path back.

And as your rightly say we retain both Good and Bad memories from as far back as our minds can rember.No memories i think are the life expriences that are what makes us what we are, and so they are curical to what makes us what we are.

N.O.R.F   

memories are important to all us folk, without the memories we have, how can have an identity, whether it be for family values, work, rest or play.

memories from young to adolescent to the present, all of them will have a significant impact on the way we conduct our selves now and in the future.

a person with more good memories than bad is considered to be calm and observant, wise for their age and is determined in what they want to achieve and vise versa! just a saying!

Paragon   

Haven't you heard 'Good memories are happiness'?

Ask yourself...what is happiness? Happiness comes from the past. People say.....'Those were good old days' .... It is very difficult to be satisfyingly happy with present occurrences. You have to rewind back your memories and remember good things that happened to you in the past ... and life is today not tommorrow

Beri hore waxa jirey.....! so and so on

Isra   

Salam

Personally to me they are very important, I try to write daily on a book about the events of that day.Its not any sense a private diary...more a of witness to my life. I got the idea after reading one of the best books I ever read " The house of the spirits" by Isabelle Anellende( i am not sure if thats how u spell her last name). One of the main characters wrote daily of the important events that marked her life.

Without the memories...who are we?