Sign in to follow this  
Gediid

I NEED YOUR HELP

Gediid   

Hey guys I need help big time.........I have to write an essay titled "IS MURDER JUSTIFIED" based on the book Killings by Andre Dubus or its movie version, In the Bedroom.......I have neither read the book nor seen the movie.Can someone plz plz plzzzzz help.

ZOLA   

hi,

i guess it will kind of help if u watch the movie or read parts of the book...i hear the movie is not that bad ...i have not seen it myself....that didnt help rite.... smile.gif ...good luck mera dost...

A.A

Gediid   

^^^^^^^^^^I'm actually thinking of getting a few different perspectives from our esteemed nomads that I could cut and paste into a 2 page essay(just kidding).Plz let know your take on this issue.

Curly   

Bruv I’ve never even heard of the film let alone the book, I’m a scientist...so sorry, I can't help you.

Jaabir   

i wouldn’t cheat if i was you Geediid, the online essays of the movie and the book are available for everybody taking the class with you who may submit it, besides instructors have a software that takes a paragraph from an essay and search for matches over the internet..

what you can do is read the film and book review from the internet.... that should save lots of time

If its mandatory for you to relate your essay with the story "killings", then u have no other choice but to start reading the book. (Library is your best bet)

A LIL PRIVIEW ABOUT YA PAPER" IS MURDER JUSTIFIED"?

Personally, I would say that murder can be justified if the actual jusfitication serves an actual worthiness.

Anything can be excused,even murder at times, and it has been proven in the past. The question is, who jusfities that a crime as hanes as murdering another human being can be justified??? Society, because society would excuse anything that relates to emotions of humanity.

If you are a juror, and u are capable of hearing the evidence put infront of u and therefore were told to consider a verdict, what would your methods be GEDIID?(THATS A STEP U OUT TO TAKE BEFORE YOU BEGIN THIS ESSAY OF YOURS)

Personally, I would put myself on the murderers shoes, and ask myself, am I capable of doing that?? Is it a possibility and if infact there is that small percentage of doubt in my mind, I WOULD JUSTIFY THAT CRIME COMMITTED BY THE MONSTER AND SAY WELL, WE ARE HUMANS MAYBE IN HIS/HER CASE THIS WAS INFACT POSSIBLE AND WOULD EXCUSE IT AND THATS WHAT SOCIETY DOES, THEY LOOK THE OTHER WAY, INSTEAD OF DEALING WITH THE SITUATION AND THATS WHAT OCCURED IN THE NOVEL "KILLINGS"...

I don't mind helping you out, but by helping do u mean that U want to know a short version of the novel, if thats what u were aiming for, U gonna have to find a different approach.

I read the novel, loved it and even rented the movie a while back....but what I am basically trying to say here is that I, strongly advice u to read the book. Not only will it give u an inside depth but it will put you on the right frame of mind to get started on your paper.(HOW ELSE ARE YOU GONNA HAVE A STRONG THESIS AND HOW WOULD U SUPPORT THAT ARGUMENT?)

I can also recommend u read or find something related to a book called "A Rose for Emily" by William Faulkner. I am sure it isn't that hard to find, but the stories have similar settings and incase u don't have time to find "Killings", u can always read the faulkner novel. ( the only reason I am suggesting it becuz u might not have time on your hands and incase u get to your local library u might not find Dubus's novel but might infact find Faulkners)

Both novels, Faulkner's and Dubus's have the same settings, both in a small town. BOTH MATT AND EMILY'S FAMILY WERE wELL KNOWN AROUND TOWN, AND IT WAS A LIL HARD TO BELIEVE THAT THEY WERE CAPABLE OF COMMITTING THE CRIMES AND THEREFORE WERE SET FREE.

THE CHARACTERS IN BOTH NOVELS, FAULKNERS AND DUBUS's, ARE INFACT DIFFERENT AND THE CRIMES ARE DIFFERENT, SOME WOULD AGREE THAT EMILY'S CRIME IS LESS EXCUSABLE THAN THAT OF MATT's...

I DON'T WANT TO GET CARRIED AWAY HERE, GEDIID, BUT I DO HOPE THAT U HAVE TIME ON YOUR HANDS AND INFACT CAN GET THROUGH THE NOVEL LONG ENOUGH TO START YOUR PAPER

GEDIID, if your intentions were to somehow get some sort of a piece by piece paragraphs from folks around here, then I really feel sorry for you brah.

CHEATING WILL NOT GET YOU ANYWHERE, NOT WHEN WE ARE AT A TIME WHERE OUR OWN PRIVACY IS AT JEOPARDY. (YOUR INSTRUCTOR, WHOEVER HE/SHE MIGHT BE ISN'T STUP*D , SHE WILL KNOW JUST BY READING THE FIRST FEW LINES OF YOUR PAPER WHETHER U WROTE IT OR NOT, YOU BETTER RE-THINK ABOUT YOUR SITUATION)

I SUGGEST U TAKE DARMAN's ADVICE AND I APOLOGIZE FOR WASTING MY FEW MINUTES TO TRY AND HELP U OUT BY GIVING YOU SOME SORT OF AN OUTLOOK ON THE WHOLE PAPER WITHOUT GIVING AWAY ANYTHING...AND ALL ALONG U HAD CHEATING ON YA MIND...

I FEEL SORRY FOR THE FOLKS WHO POSTED BEFORE ME THAT ADVICED THE BROTHA TO CHEAT...IF THATS YOUR WAY OF HELPING HIM OUT, WHY BOTHER POSTING ANYTHING TO BEGIN WITH???

Gediid   

Sue and Darman

Thanks for the responses.

Lazie

A million thank yous for your input.I was actually looking forward to hearing personal opinions on the subject matter.Now with no time on my hands and having not seen nor read the book I am in a very difficult position.The central theme of the paper is based on personal opinions and the book and movie are a reference and not the subject matter itself.

Gediid   

Originally posted by LayZieGirl:

GEDIID, if your intentions were to somehow get some sort of a piece by piece paragraphs from folks around here, then I really feel sorry for you brah.

CHEATING WILL NOT GET YOU ANYWHERE, NOT WHEN WE ARE AT A TIME WHERE OUR OWN PRIVACY IS AT JEOPARDY. (YOUR INSTRUCTOR, WHOEVER HE/SHE MIGHT BE ISN'T STUP*D , SHE WILL KNOW JUST BY READING THE FIRST FEW LINES OF YOUR PAPER WHETHER U WROTE IT OR NOT, YOU BETTER RE-THINK ABOUT YOUR SITUATION)

I SUGGEST U TAKE DARMAN's ADVICE AND I APOLOGIZE FOR WASTING MY FEW MINUTES TO TRY AND HELP U OUT BY GIVING YOU SOME SORT OF AN OUTLOOK ON THE WHOLE PAPER WITHOUT GIVING AWAY ANYTHING...AND ALL ALONG U HAD CHEATING ON YA MIND...

I FEEL SORRY FOR THE FOLKS WHO POSTED BEFORE ME THAT ADVICED THE BROTHA TO CHEAT...IF THATS YOUR WAY OF HELPING HIM OUT, WHY BOTHER POSTING ANYTHING TO BEGIN WITH???

Dont get me wrong here but I do not intend to cheat,I'm just trying to get some sort of an idea based on what nomads think of this issue.If I wanted to cheat I would just go online and pick one out of the million availible.

Juxa   

any good library store what we call here a summary of books,,,,,it is upto 1500 words and summs up the characters and give other references or books which might provide good back up for arguments,,,,,i will check it 2morrow for u,,,,meantime goodluck.