Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

The Dohha Debbates on BBC-Take that Veil off

Khalaf   

^^istagfruallah....but it can be done Val some saqjaan can put on niqaab to get access to sisters :D ......i know dis dude that stold from a kmart with niqab on :D ...

Originally posted by Cambarro:

They do have a courage though.

^^^wa runta cambarro, respect to our sisters marka.......but its not wajiib, and i dont know how many wear it for right reasons but still respect to their choices...ie my moms wore niqaab in Dubai this summer simply cause she didnt want dudes staring at her around da suuq, man somalis stare tooo much! .....fadlan brothers, dont stare at women they dislike it very much!

peace out

NGONGE   

The fact that a muslim audience is being asked what is of more value to them-Integration into western society or their Deen is damn outright insulting.

Imagine this,

Al jazeera arabiya had a panel discussion in england and invited only non-muslim anglos and told them to speak nothing but Arabic in the discussion and the topic of discussion was

Are most White British women loose [big Grin]

Damn outright insulting, ain't it! (to a white british to get him to respond in arabic in his homeland of England).

Well the same shiiidh was and is being pulled of in Doha, Qatar in the name of 'Free speech for Arabs' .

Its a debate meant to suggest that the arab-largely muslim way of life is a hinderance to PROGRESSIVE THINKING.

Like the Maghrabi chick said to the niqaabi sisters "You are making it diffuclt for me to assimilate by wearing the Niqaab"

It’s only insulting to someone that does not understand the question. Furthermore, you have used a poor analogy there. White women being ‘loose’ has no political bearings, the issue of the veil does.

Again, I have a strong feeling that you don’t understand the meaning of DEBATE. A debate has to have two opposing sides. One of those two will always be against to what you think and believe. In this case, the side that says that the veil is a barrier to integration in the West is not to your liking.

The debate was sponsored by a Muslim organisation, produced by Muslims and, other than the chairman, everyone taking part was a Muslim. None in the audience was insulted by it and, clearly, none of the participants were either.

Khayer, this is basic stuff. There is no great conspiracy here. In fact, this could have been a topic you started yourself. Ah! You actually started something similar not long ago. So, are you hypocrite, a fool or just a hot head that is always ready to take offence when there is non to be seen? I dare say you’re the latter. Calm down, duqa.

ps

The debate was about things taking place in the West. Two of the participants did not speak Arabic. Nor do most Muslims living in the West. Not even you, brother.

Pps

It's 'Hawa' and not 'Xawa' (that's a girl's name). smile.gif

I saw the debates and that lord Hebel hindi dude is awfully good at manipulation of the Quran. The lady editor from the magazine is telling a person who voluntarily wears a niqaab, not to wear a niqaab and she is not wearing a hijab. Is there something wrong with this picture?

Khayr   

Originally posted by Taako Man:

I saw the debates and that lord Hebel hindi dude is awfully good at manipulation of the Quran. The lady editor from the magazine is telling a person who voluntarily wears a niqaab, not to wear a niqaab and she is not wearing a hijab. Is there something wrong with this picture?

There is everything wrong with that picture but some nomads would disagree and say

its a DEBATE mate, so take it easy. ;)

I disagree ofcourse cbeause the debate is about my religiously centered value system aka the Deen and thus what is most cherished to me and other muslims is being Debated and defaced.

It isn't about Debating and Free Speech when our value system is being attacked and some munafiqun are arguing against the Shariah stating that their 'Personal Freedoms' usurp the Shariah.

Today the niqaab, tomorrow-why do you have to pray 5 times a day?

Its a political thing because this is being used to promote a certain WORLDVIEW. The view that ISLAM is medievil and is impeding on the notion of 'progressive society'

Miriam1   
Thats funny, maybe you forgot that a particular revelation called the Quran was revealed to Muhammed ibn Abdallah-a prophet (aaliyhe asalaam) and that the message was about worrying about our fate in the day of judgement. Yes, it is selfish to worry about your akhira and yes, we should worry about our own fate in the day of judgement

I will let that exteremly low blow about not know of our holy book pass laillahillah...

the point I was making was very simple and almost redudant. We aren't good muslims if all we worry is about the day of judgement, we have to worry about the position of our people in the hear and now as well and to advance ourselves.

Subhanallah !!!!!!!!!!!

Was the niqab fard during the time of the nabi for women of the ummah?

No.

Khayr   

The debate was sponsored by a Muslim organisation, produced by Muslims and, other than the chairman, everyone taking part was a Muslim. None in the audience was insulted by it and, clearly, none of the participants were either.

The Qatar Foundation

This is the foundation that is lead by the "Shiekha Mozah" the Emir of Qatar's wife.

She is in support of Globalization interms of Cultures and geography.

Here is the Aim of the Doha Debate on their site:

The aim is to test the logic of an argument, examine complex subjects from a variety of angles and reach a vote among the audience that tests the effectiveness of what they have heard. [
It is hoped that the audience might be liberated from well-worn ideological clichés and inspired to fresh insights.

Source

Liberated from what cliches? hmmm, I wonder what they mean by that Sir Ngonge....

Khayer, this is basic stuff. There is no great conspiracy here. In fact, this could have been a topic you started yourself. Ah! You actually started something similar not long ago. So, are you hypocrite, a fool or just a hot head that is always ready to take offence when there is non to be seen? I dare say you’re the latter. Calm down, duqa.

I'm for Preservation of the Muslim Identity and by and large muslim community (visible and not an invisible, name tag wearing community).

A proper response to such debates is no debate at all. The Niqaab is there and we don't judge our values by the mark of Integration into liberal society. Case Closed! :D

The debate was about things taking place in the West. Two of the participants did not speak Arabic. Nor do most Muslims living in the West. Not even you, brother.

Whether they spoke in swedish or swahili wouldn't matter. The fact is that it is a muslim and by in large an arab speaking country.

Its like coming to your home and someone starting an agrument with you...oops, I meant a Debate ;) and telling you that you are only to respond to them in Chinese. Waar Baax!

There are many fluent arabic speaking panelists that they could have had but they didn't have them deliberately.

NGONGE   

I'm for Preservation of the Muslim Identity and by and large muslim community (visible and not an invisible, name tag wearing community).

Which one is that? Maybe we should have a debate to find out. :D

ps

If you paid attention you would have noticed that at least two people in that debate could speak Arabic. The choice to have it in English was obvious. Calm down, saaxib, calm down.

roobleh   

Its like coming to your home and someone starting an agrument with you...oops, I meant a Debate and telling you that you are only to respond to them in Chinese. Waar Baax!

Aren't you doing that now?