Sign in to follow this  
ANTARA

Who you calling NIGGER

ANTARA   

The subject is the tension between Jamaicans and somalis..

Personally I have witnessed more racism directed at Somalis come from Jamaicans rather than whites. Why do you think that is the case? What is causing the misunderstanding between these two black ethnic groups?

watch this

Usually in a fight of words between a Somali and a Jamaican the Somali is called a refugee and is also told to return to his country. The Somali without the slightest hesitation will usually call his nemesis a slave and I think most of them mean to say a house nigger for discriminating against a fellow black person.

What is ur take on the subject

STOIC   

I see the whole thing as Don't trust them new niggers, ha? . Jamaican and Somalis are all niggers in my book. Personally I’m guilty of using the word more often to my close friends. I know it makes many people cringe when they hear the N word.You can call me Nigger just don’t call me this :D

winnie   

the somals ive met/known tend to label any black person they dont like as "jamaican", and they tend to use it as a loaded term.

somalis are haters...equal opportunity haters though.

BOB   

There's an old Somali saying which goes something like 'Marti Marti Kale Ma Jecla' and that's the case of the Jamaicans...whether they like it or not they are guests so naturally they feel threatened by the new guests but what I would like to know is...maxey Soomaalidu horta Jameicanka ugu heystaan inee wax weyn yihiin? what's with the inferiority complex people? All I hear is Jameicans this Jameicans that like they were the best thing that's ever happened since we discovered caano geel!

I once had an Indian tell me to go back to where I came from and unfortunately for him I wasn't as kind and polite then as I'm now and I let him know that he was talking to a Somali and not the poor Malawians that they exploit after all I'm an African and Africa is my home regardless which part of Africa I may be I'm still at home but can he say the same thing? If you ever wanted to find a genuine ‘House Negro’ look no further than the Indians that happen to work in that particular government’s establishment and you will notice how much he/she is appalled by your sight.

PS. in S.A the white racists call the non-whites 'Kaafir' which is their version of the N word and I know a Somali guy who once shot a white dude dead because he called him Kaafir... :D

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

ANTARA   

^^ not to worry BOB there ain't no inferiority complex , more like superiority complex if there is such a thing :D .

I have just come across this sad story of a Somali man who was stabbed back in July may Allah (SWT) forgive him, I believe the thug :mad: who murdered him is jamaican

source

By: Geoff Bennett

Evening Post

A Bristol teenager found guilty of murdering a man in a St Paul’s pub has been jailed for life.

April Bright, 18, of Wilder Street, St Paul’s, stabbed 35-year- old Mohamoud Hassan in the neck at The Criterion pub following last year’s St Paul’s Carnival.

She had already admitted manslaughter – but a jury at Bristol Crown Court took just over two hours to convict her of a murder charge on Tuesday.

On Wednesday morning she was given a life sentence, and ordered to serve a minium of 12 years.

Picture (Metafile)Justice Roderick Evans, at Bristol Crown Court, said he hoped that, in handing down the minimum term of 12 years, it would deter other teenagers from equipping themselves with knives.

Sentencing Bright, the judge said there was no excuse for anyone to arm themselves with a knife.

“When you went out on carnival night you took with you a knife, that you told the jury was for your own protection,” he said.

“That is no possible justification for taking a knife.

“The carrying of knives is a matter of grave public concern and the presence of knives on our streets in clubs, pubs and in the hands of young people of your age so often leads to serious injury or in this case death.

“A slight, an insult, an inappropriate behaviour, real or imagined, so often leads to the production of a knife and to the consequences in this case.”

It was claimed during the two-week trial that Bright stabbed Mr Hassan because he was part of a group making “a lecherous nuisance of themselves”.

Richard Smith, QC, prosecuting, told the jury that The Criterion had been packed with carnival-goers partying the night away.

Mr Smith said Mr Hassan, also known as “Tiger” or “Warrior”, had been partying and was in high spirits.

His post-mortem examination later revealed he was twice the legal alcohol limit for driving.

Mr Smith said Bright, who had spent the evening with her boyfriend, friends and family, had also been drinking and had been described as moody, excitable and aggressive.

He said: “She had come to carnival armed with a knife in her tracksuit trousers.

“She had been seen in possession of that weapon.”

Mr Smith said, shortly before the murder, Bright had confronted Mr Hassan in a St Paul’s cafe, warning him not to mess with her and telling him: “You don’t know my people. You don’t know who I am.”

The jury was told a group of Somalian men were touching and talking to women and were perceived as a nuisance.

He said that, when Bright and Hassan crossed paths in The Criterion, Bright produced her blade and stabbed him in the neck.

He told the court: “Mr Hassan emerged from the alleyway, through the bar of the pub, clutching his neck and bleeding profusely.

“He was bleeding from a single stab wound inflicted by the defendant. He was aided by a lady and collapsed on the front step of the pub.”

The court heard that, after pushing her away to where Hassan lay bleeding to death, witnesses heard April Bright say: “Let him die.”

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

On behalf of the Somali community in Bristol I would like to express our sincere thanks to Avon and Summerset Police for their persistence and quiet determination in securing justice for Mohamoud’s murder. Also, our special thanks to Police community Liaison Officers.

I’m over the moon with the verdict, especially for Mohamoud’s family and friends.

She has got what she deserved. She will go down for at least 12 years and I really glad that’s what she got it - it’s the minimum she deserve after the misery she has caused.

We cannot celebrate the sentencing as it has brought grief to someone’s house, but it’s been a long struggle and finally justice is delivered.

Hopefully, the sentence will send out a statement to those thinking of taking a knife into public places what tragic circumstances can result

Kaysar Maxamed

Editor of the Somali Voice

www.thesomalivoice.co.uk

kaysar@europe.com

Bristol.UK