Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Young hearts, run free...

Ah Dubai in the eighties and nineties. All those phone relationships have moved on to online ones. :D

Aged 15 I was so rude to some guy who called and talked flirtatious khara. I made a note of the conversation cause I was funny and baffled- I still have it lol. It was something to talk about the following day. Some weirdo called me(cue eyebrow raise), said he was well-known(cue eye-roll), said I was funny(cue nod) like I cared, who falls for that sh*t.. smile.gif

I couldn't stand all those girls going starry eyed over boys let alone unknown callers. Ick.

urge to dig out old diary

^^^ Are you sure the said word 'Qul kuraag' doesn't relate to you.

Yonis, Some of these guyz were from Dubai, so I think the word 'Qul' is an Arabic word which means Say, thats all I can figure.

Nice story, text messages that caused lubna to dig all memories, like some sort of an alarm bell but aside for her sake, dilemma, a question she sometime asks herself could be, Shall I be worried for the young cute sister or be happy for her and pray that she ends up in good hands.

STOIC   

Someone is dressing the SOL thoughts.No more shall their thoughts be dressed in a tatters and rags :D

PS May the charm and the exuberance of ancient "QOOL Kuraag" cherished :cool:

Baashi   

Give it up for "Rageedii". My man talented Ngonge needs a receptive ear. I for one will be the best good listener there is.

"Makiinada cajiinka ii raac", "hooyo buug aan ka soo qaadanaa", "wuu i sii dhaweynaayey", "iyo cashar uu i dhigaayay (when u r in a higher grade)...these were the days! :D It's amazing how easily they can come up with all sorts of credible justification in order to mask the real intention behind their true motives. Equally amazing is how two can cumminicate through eyes in the presence of the watchfull eye of siblings, classmates, parents, or teachers...no wonder Arabs have the saying axlul kalaam luqatul ciyuun :D

Somethings will never change I guess. Boys will always be boys, girls who are coming out of age will always wonder what's it like to be with that boy, parents will always be possesive and protective of their lil girls. Times, customs, attitudes, and taboos may change but these things will never change.

NGONGE   

^^^ I know :(

It still gave me satisfaction that I’m not that far behind Yunis though. He had to write two posts before he managed to get the correct word (ask someone perchance?). :D

This reminds me of a little idea for a thread I had the other day. Better get on with it and post it.

Back in a minute.