Sign in to follow this  
Miriam1

Bab Al Hara !

Miriam1   

Wondering if anyone in this forum is simply in love with this breath-taking Syrian Tv series as I am.

I am a little late in the game having only recently discovered the first and second season on 4bladi.com. I am going to certainly hookup the satellite for season 3 this Ramadan.

Do you think the characters are a bit too idealistic? No one is married more than one wife, they all pray religiously, and have such unbreakable brotherly love for their neighbors not including being seriously nationaalistic

Were things really that good back then...

Who's your favorite character...I am simply in love with Moetz and the Aqeed.

This is a funny clip of Moetz ( main character)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l5BSkGjPpwU

JUSTICE   

Hayam dear,

I don't think anyone knows about this show here.

I watched the series from the first season and its not all that if you are used to the same storylines.

Arabic series has to have love stories, marriages and the usual battle between good and bad, which is not all bad.

Its one of the best shows on TV, the third season gona start in Ramadan.

Miriam1   

true true, guess not many people watch it, yea it does have the same story lines. but somehow it does it a bit better. third season should be good.

JUSTICE   

so you think the third will be better, maybe.

one thing I like about Bab Al Hara, the houses. they are sooo beautiful.

Miriam1   

Justice, you know at the end of the second season they had that bit on mbc with abu issam and abu shab in normal clothes, talking about the third season...they hinted that abu shab the aqeed! will finally be hitched...now that is totally worth a watch...

I was a bit annoyed with the second season just focusing on the divorce of abu issam...but it was well worth it at the end...

I hope the next season that they go back to the format of season one... abit of intrigue (istayf) many family profiles and less political crap.

If they go down that route, it will be absolutely delicious to find out how motez will turn out as a grown up husband.

Oh and i also hope they bring back the deaf and mute zahra in the mix....like a shocking total recovery or something of that sort, maybe through the miracle of child birth?

I am not sure if season 3 will be better, but there are far too many loose ends to tie, it might be good...both ways I will be watching.

The houses are pretty, they did take care to make everything realistic... simply I love the fountains in the middle...

JUSTICE   

Gosh you do remember the names woman!!!

I used to watch it to pass the time, and I was surprised to know that they will have a third season. Yeah sure they will have to finish that story of the deaf girl, and stop concentrating the story on one family.

This Musalsal wasn't the best for last year, The one Muslasal that I watched with all my senses was the Qatari Musalsal (Nacam, La). That woman Widad Kuwari had to kill Fahad at the end.

Have you ever had the time to watch this one??

one of the channels is showing it at the moment, I think Sama Dubai.

NGONGE   

When I was in Syria, I was sitting in this coffee shop with a couple of Somali residents when a tall Syrian man entered and sat on the table on our right. My companions (two males and two females) started simpering like little girls and whispering to themselves in Somali. Turns out that the man was one of the main actors in that show!

They had their photos taken with him and invited him to come and join us for shiisha! He duly obliged and spent fifteen minutes chatting to them. But when another pretty actress arrived with a few other people he had to make his excuses and leave us. Only after he left did they tell me who the hell he (and the actress) were.

I did promise myself to have a glimpse of that show and see how good an actor the man was but I never did get round to it.

JUSTICE   

^^You have to reach the absolute state of boredom to watch such a show. I can't imagine any guy watching Bab Al Hara, cause the story and the drama has been designed for people with sensitive souls.

I aint saying your not.

NGONGE   

^^ A bored person will watch one episode. A dedicated lover of such shows would watch the entire serious. I have to admit that I'm neither. Give me Menaa7i and Mefari7 anytime. :D

JUSTICE   

No wonder I missed such thing. am anti-Saudi series.Tash Ma Tash used to be my kind of show not anymore, they lost the plot.

oh well, no one can do comedy these days, no one can beat Adel Imam's (Shahed MA Shafshi Haga)or (Wad Said El Shagal).

Nephissa   

Looking for an Egyptian musalsal called: "Al-hub wal ashyaau ukhraa", the best musalsal ever created! He, the main character was a grave digger who falls inlove with an eye candy, upper class princess. I would love to watch it online, any idea where from?