Sign in to follow this  
Captain Warya

Was anarchism actaully good for Somalia?

Paragon   

^He comes across as a fool who thinks he's intelligent.

By the way, nothing is ever completely good or completely bad. This guy is using data-nitpicking. A pedant of a sort.

Anarchy in Somlia looks beautiful to those who comfortably 'philosophise' about tragedies to strengthen Stupid argument.

Those who listen to his type are predisposed to believing this sort of rubbish.He neatly packages the 'argument' for their unfretted actrical consumption. But I do think persistent anarchy is bad for civilization, but war on the other hand is necessary evil.

Baluug   

Proponents of anarchy are only proponents of it because they've never actually lived in an anarchist society. They'd change their minds real quick if the place they lived all of a sudden had no gov't or laws.

Aaliyyah   

How can anarchy be good for somalis? knowing there were millions and millions of innocent people who got killed throughtout the 18 yrs. And, those other millions who are living in poverty...

Aaliyyah   

Well I don't have any reliable statistics done on how many people got killed back home or what not. But, more of a common sense no one can claim anarchy was good for Somalis, perhaps it was good for few warlords who exploited people's wealth and what not....

salaam

^Was Somalia or for that matter African state ever sovereignty?

Aaliyah...Things will come and pass, and Somalia will rebound. Warlords got fat on Somali misery, but war did have positive effects that are not so visible today.

Aaliyyah   

but war did have positive effects that are not so visible today.

Che, I believe the down side of the war by far exceeds the positive effects.

salaam

^Comparatively, the war in Somalia is less menacing than other conflicts that are raging in Africa today.The only aberration to the Somali conflict is obliteration of the state structures.

Sayid-Somali...I guess we have different definations of sovereignty. Somalia and all other African states enjoyed political independence, not actual sovereignty.

NASSIR   

I agree with Paragon and Che, it's too irrational.

"But what is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? If men were angels, no government would be necessary." James Madison