Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

SOL Photo Competition 2006

I think we should have a poll in a new thread. That would be fair (and I could possibly bribe a few ppl into voting for me..thus saving myself the embarrassment of last place :D )

N.O.R.F   

Well the closing date is 31st August 2006. I was planning to conduct a poll by listing everyones names. Then you will have a top 10,,,,i think

Amelia, no bribery. This is not Italian football :mad:

August is too far away North. Cant we make it to the end of this month? The thread will be forgotten by then.. besides, I've already exhausted ma one entry here and would like the chance for a re-match, now that I've seen the competition (and standard) and the pictures people are most fascinated by.

*Takes her camera to go and zoom in on some insects in her garden*

N.O.R.F   

^^A Londoner with a garden? cool :cool:

I suppose until the end of this month will be ok with a rematch in August, besides patience is not an SOL trate by the looks of things

Maf Kees   

Top 10, reducing the period to one month and a rematch. All that within an hour, damn you're good at decision making. The Exam Board at my faculty can learn a thing or two from you. These folks care more about the coffee served in the meeting, than the students' cases themselves.

PS. Ban Amelia from this competition. She's evil.

-Lily-   

North, I have a pic in mind but still waiting for some I'm having processed, its not on a digital camara.

And are you now saying the end of the competition is 31st July? All because of Madame Amelia's impatience?

Legal Crimes, hmm...bit blurry, aint it? No exotic shots of the Dubai skyline, huh?

I didnt have a camera with me while I was there...

i might take picture whe i go back in a week and some

anyways, the Dubai skyline is cluttered with cranes

N.O.R.F   

lol

End july will keep this place lively with some sort of anticipation.

But the August one will involve a little more than just posting a pic ;) Get your creative minds into gear.

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen , habro iyo odayaal, ciyaal yaryar, caruurta weeynaatay iyo etc.

Since am prolly the only person who will not post any pictures here i declare myself as the unbiased judge of this competition.

I am open to ideas as to the critria to judge this competition.

I also beleive there should be a price for the winner: Peharbs the winning picture should replace the SOL camels, say for one week maybe, am sure some of you can convince the Admin to agree to this.

Happy snapping

I really don't see the point of people who are posting pictures that everyone knows they did not take. The photo competition is an image you took of something that is meaningful to you that you would like to share. Why are some of you wasting your time and my time viewing your nonsense, when in reality you just took it off a site?

Kudos to the others who actually took the time to post a picture they took themselves, some of your photos were very good.

I recently took a 2 week vacation to Cuba, and I've had the opportunity to visit the capital as well as some of the near provinces, such as Varadero, LA habana Province and Matanza, and this image I picked out from the many images I took as I was walking the streets, I would like to share. It was in Havana City, Its one of the few stadiums that fidel comes to hold public speechless and I captured an image from far with the afternoon havana traffic, beautiful city.(Got many more, but I'm only allowed to enter one image for the draw)

picture0998jf.jpg

This particular Stadium, as you can see has flags posted infront of it. These flags represent those important figures/individuals who died for the country.(Those who fought in the revolutionary). This is a way for the country to keep a memory of those people who died for their country. I also have taken few pictures of Jose Santi, the public figure, the brain as they call who had alerted the people that the americans were coming and taking over. The man's statue is practically everywhere, and I will post it in some other thread, but its amazing how these pple are so poor but so appreciative of those that saved their country, even thought it isn't the greatest, they still love it.